3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HEY HerTrueStrength!!!

if your refer to my timeline thats correct. I did file my I485&EAD a year later.

for my EAD the category was C9, yes thats correct.

well, I dont have an attorney in file. Im working on my case by myself.

so when did you file for I360vawa? or what is your timeline?

I've been working with an organization. When everything went down with my husband, I had no idea what to do/where to turn, what my options were, etc. so that's how I ended up working with them, but after all the reading/researching I've been doing these past months (especially on here)...I'm not sure what exactly are the great advantages of having an attorney/organization work on your behalf as opposed to handling it by yourself. Right now, I haven't been able to get in contact with the organization for three weeks!!! The last meeting I had with them, I left my EAD and AOS applications so they could file it... I have no idea if that happened yet. I started thinking to myself that I would probably be better off if I was doing it because it's in my best interest and I would definitely make sure it gets filed and be on top of everything, and I don't have a "case load" to work with. I'm now wondering if/how I would be able to get in contact with the VSC to find out about my case, even though I'm being represented. Do you know?

Ok, so as far as a timeline...

I360 received 2.28.12

Notice Date 3.2.12

Prima Facie 3.6.12

ZxWWm4.png

I-360 VAWA

February 28th - Received by USCIS

March 2nd - Notice Date

March 6th - Prima Facie [expires in September]

April 11th - VAWA Approved

I-485 AOS & I-765 EAD

Complete Package - Including I-693|Medical Exam & FBI Fingerprint/Background Check

June 11th - Received by USCIS

June 14th - Notice Date

June 28th - I-485 Biometrics Notice Date, Appointment: July 20th

July 13th - Early Walk-in Biometrics Done - Figured I'd Try My "Friday the 13th" Luck :)

July 19th - EAD Approved (Card Production & Approval/Post-Decision Activity Status Update Emails+Texts)

July 26th - After SEVEN to NINE different email/text updates, EAC in hand (w/"fingerprint not available")

July 27th - Applied for Social Security Number

August 2nd - SS Card in hand

August 7th - Applied for/took Learner's Permit Test, PASSED, Received Temporary Permit

September 12th - Driver's License Issued

May 15th - I-485 Transferred to Local Office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Gizq do not even bother ., since I filed the case 3 infopass they can not give you any information ,, they told to write a letter to VCS inquiring about your case .. In my experience did not work but somebody else can tell you something different..

Thanks for your advice any ways... i don't know... tomorrow i will call my lawyer, to ask if she sent my application for EAD renew. I don't even will ask about my case, u know, would make she abset... lol... but im very abset #######??? lol 01 year and 4 days, this wating is kill me. Wish can go back home to see my mom, she is all that i still having... God help us!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

I've been working with an organization. When everything went down with my husband, I had no idea what to do/where to turn, what my options were, etc. so that's how I ended up working with them, but after all the reading/researching I've been doing these past months (especially on here)...I'm not sure what exactly are the great advantages of having an attorney/organization work on your behalf as opposed to handling it by yourself. Right now, I haven't been able to get in contact with the organization for three weeks!!! The last meeting I had with them, I left my EAD and AOS applications so they could file it... I have no idea if that happened yet. I started thinking to myself that I would probably be better off if I was doing it because it's in my best interest and I would definitely make sure it gets filed and be on top of everything, and I don't have a "case load" to work with. I'm now wondering if/how I would be able to get in contact with the VSC to find out about my case, even though I'm being represented. Do you know?

Ok, so as far as a timeline...

I360 received 2.28.12

Notice Date 3.2.12

Prima Facie 3.6.12

I hear you HerTrueStrength.

just stay strong, believe in God and yourself,... and everything will be fine.

about VSC, yes When/if you got tired of waiting you can write a letter yourself inquiring about your case.

It doesnt matter if you got a lawyer/representative of record or not

You must submit your inquiry in written form and with the original signature.

send your inquiry to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Vermont Service Center (ATTN:I-360 VAWA)

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479

Good luck!!!

03/17/11 Filed for I360vawa(sent via Usps Express)

03/18/11 Delivered

03/31/11 Receipt I360(Hardcopy received)

04/04/11 Prima Facie(Hardcopy received)

12/17/11 Prima Facie Extension No2(Hardcopy received)

01/17/12 RFE issued(Good faith marriage)

02/04/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

02/07/12 RFE received and signed by USCIS

02/08/12 Touched RFE under review

02/10/12 Touched

04/29/12 Prima Facie Extension No3(Hardcopy received)

06/13/12 Prima Facie Extension No4(Hardcopy received)

06/15/12 I360 VAWA APPROVAL (Hardcopy received)

03/07/12 Filed for I485 and I765(sent via Usps Express)

03/08/12 Delivered

03/23/12 Receipt I485(Hardcopy received)

03/23/12 Receipt I765(Hardcopy received)

04/02/12 ASC appointment(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE issued for I765(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

05/10/12 I765 Approval(Hardcopy received)

08/09/12 I485 was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

11/20/12 I485 Interview Letter(Hardcopy received)

12/11/12 I485 Interview at USCIS local Office

06/24/12 Filed for Motion to Reopen with BIA(sent via Usps Express)

11/07/12 Motion to Reopen and Remand Granted by BIA (Hardcopy received)

11/15/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with USICE/USDHS

11/21/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by USICE/USDHS

11/26/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with Immigration Court

11/30/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by Immigration Court

Filed: Other Timeline

well guys i finally filed my i485 & ead , so lets see how long this will take ...

I will keep you in my prayers.

03/17/11 Filed for I360vawa(sent via Usps Express)

03/18/11 Delivered

03/31/11 Receipt I360(Hardcopy received)

04/04/11 Prima Facie(Hardcopy received)

12/17/11 Prima Facie Extension No2(Hardcopy received)

01/17/12 RFE issued(Good faith marriage)

02/04/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

02/07/12 RFE received and signed by USCIS

02/08/12 Touched RFE under review

02/10/12 Touched

04/29/12 Prima Facie Extension No3(Hardcopy received)

06/13/12 Prima Facie Extension No4(Hardcopy received)

06/15/12 I360 VAWA APPROVAL (Hardcopy received)

03/07/12 Filed for I485 and I765(sent via Usps Express)

03/08/12 Delivered

03/23/12 Receipt I485(Hardcopy received)

03/23/12 Receipt I765(Hardcopy received)

04/02/12 ASC appointment(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE issued for I765(Hardcopy received)

04/03/12 RFE answered with all evidences(sent via Usps Express)

05/10/12 I765 Approval(Hardcopy received)

08/09/12 I485 was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

11/20/12 I485 Interview Letter(Hardcopy received)

12/11/12 I485 Interview at USCIS local Office

06/24/12 Filed for Motion to Reopen with BIA(sent via Usps Express)

11/07/12 Motion to Reopen and Remand Granted by BIA (Hardcopy received)

11/15/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with USICE/USDHS

11/21/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by USICE/USDHS

11/26/12 Filed for Motion to Terminate Removal with Immigration Court

11/30/12 Motion to Terminate Removal Granted by Immigration Court

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hi everyone I need help again..I got the clearance of the 2 local police dept .. Now do I send it w the original blue Letter or should I make copies of it and send it with the 2 letter of GMC.. Of course I make copy of everything that I send them.. Please help help .,, just tell me how u guys sent it

Hi everyone I need help again..I got the clearance of the 2 local police dept .. Now do I send it w the original blue Letter or should I make copies of it and send it with the 2 letter of GMC.. Of course I make copy of everything that I send them.. Please help help .,, just tell me how u guys sent it

You have to send it with the original blue letter they sent asking for RFE but make copies of everything before you send.All the best!

I feel so strange as I got my Prima Facie without submitting my good moral certificate. However i still applied one just in case. Should I still mail it?

Prima facie just means you may need assurance and you applied via VAWA it does not mean approval or that they even reviewed your case.

You will get an RFE sometime soon, once you get that then you submit. Don't just send the document because then you will just confuse them.

this is crazy ... OMG!! were u married to a Citizen Memes??

Yes, my attorney said VAWA cases are taking extra long to get interview. So if no interview by end of month info pass.... But this is just taking too long. Arghhhh!

Yes, I'm still waiting for the interview date....arggghhhhh

Thanx guys i'll keep yall posted. Lawyer say she expects to get my EAD in 3months... i hope it will comes sooner lol ... what is the waiting time like for EAD and I485 interview and Biometrics ???????? Hopefull are u still waiting for interview date>????

I know exactly how you feel.....it's been 2.5 months since my VAWA was approved and no word on my interview as well.....so let's see.....

As of today 4 months since my VAWA was approved and no word on my interview... Sighh waiting isn't as easy as it may seem.

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.