3,588 posts in this topic

Try to stay positive everyone so many times I wanted to cry break down and just call it quits. Friends say they know what I'm going thru but they don't even if they went through an abusive relationship their closure is easier to achieve.

We been thru so much, for me waiting seems like a killer but in reality I never had so much peace because I keep positive and know God will take care of everything. I know sometime it can be much much harder than others but let's pump each other up =)

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

hi all, and thanks for sharing so many vital life experiences on here. don't know if this means much but i have just checked processing time on i 360 and it's back to being 5 months,.. which is really cool, if they respect that.. that means approvals coming for those still in the wating room,.. good luck all and stay positive.

btw i have a question,.. there is a say by my friends attorney that he can obtain ead while his vawa case is still pending. under eligibility code c 31. is anyone familiar to that?

thanks all

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi all, and thanks for sharing so many vital life experiences on here. don't know if this means much but i have just checked processing time on i 360 and it's back to being 5 months,.. which is really cool, if they respect that.. that means approvals coming for those still in the wating room,.. good luck all and stay positive.

btw i have a question,.. there is a say by my friends attorney that he can obtain ead while his vawa case is still pending. under eligibility code c 31. is anyone familiar to that?

thanks all

Filed: Timeline

Yes I know some one that the judge did it for the gave him an unconditional GC right there he got the stamp in his pp and green card about a week after.

wow, cause i dont know whats going on. my Lawyer filed for them to terminate my RP but this is going to make 3weeks now and no response from her . was that person VAWA or what? i wouldn't mind if mines can be done like that lol

No he wasn't but he had to go in front of the judge to AOS the said I'm tired of seeing this man in front of me and that was it .

Omg dee this is the most funny but happy ending case I 've ever heard on vawa forum.I am sitted here busy laughing at the remark of the judge .Wish vawa cases where that easy but anyways each case if different.For those waiting hang in there it may be taking long but its worth every step and delayment,I remember feeling like that at one point I would check my status on USCISwebsite everyday sometimes 4 times a day but no update for 7 months only had prima facie .Oneday I received mail and it was my vawa approval to this day uscis hasnt updated my case online ..says under review its been 9 months since vawa was approved .Just becuase you havent heard anything from them doesnt mean there not working on your case cheer up good news will come soon.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Dee007 a New Code ©(31), has been provided for work authorization for the beneficiary of an approved VAWA self-petition.

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2011/August/VAWA-Elder-Abuse.pdf

(check it out page 07).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Maybe most of you know but it's always good to be informed,LOL. You guys victim of domestic violence can apply for Citizenship in three years, not in five years like divorced aliens.If you submitted I-360 or I-751 waiver based in domestic violence you qualify as well.

If you can't afford to pay the fees for Citizenship you can apply to waive the USCIS fees too.

For those living in California and victim of domestic violence there is a provision in the Law to allow for up to $2,000 in housing relocation funds for domestic violence victims. Every domestic violence victim in California who reports the crime to the police is eligible for up to $2,000 to cover the costs of relocation. To find out where to apply to receive the money contact in California "California Partnership to End Domestic Violence".

For those living in another State, check it out

http://www.legalmomentum.org/assets/pdfs/housing-1.pdf

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.