ecce

"Don't plan til visa in hand"

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

By the way, I just talked to DOS. They were very friendly, if not terribly helpful. What she said is that our case is "pending." I asked if that means AP and she said yes. So I talked to her a little more about what that means, and she confirmed that EVERYBODY goes through AP after the interview. It's just that for some people that lasts a day, and for others it lasts a year. She said that COs are NEVER supposed to tell people they are approved at the interview, because anything can happen during that AP. I don't know why, but somehow it makes me feel better to know that we were not taken out of the normal processing and put in a special pile.

I wish people on VJ wouldn't use the term "put into AP." It makes it sound like the application was thrown into the Pit of Despair. Sure, I'm worried about how long this will take, but now at least I know I'm not being singled out, procedure-wise.

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I can't believe I haven't seen your post earlier. Again, I am so sorry that it took so long to hear some answers. I'm glad you called DOS though. I call them everyday, now that I see that me contacting the embassy is no use as they stopped replying to my emails and fiance can't reach them by phone. It would make sense that everyone would go through some form of AP, with some processes taking longer than others. I would continue calling DOS... most of the agents there are very informative and nice and they even told me themselves "your free to call us every day". I did find that some agents gave me different information though (ex. this girl I spoke to yesterday was rude and was completely bs'ing). I cannot believe that this consulate has a right to tell us to lay off basically. When they are constantly misleading us (they told me that as soon as they receive ds-230 they will schedule the interview- 3 weeks ago) and then they just stop answering my emails! I gave up on believing that my fiance will be here by August, before I return to school and everything gets crazy again. I now fear how he will adjust on his own basically when he comes since I wont be able to guide him through everything.

I do have a gut feeling that your fiance will be here in time for the wedding date, after all it is the festival of love.

Best of luck!

Edited by Inna&Stas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
this girl I spoke to yesterday was rude and was completely bs'ing
Let me guess -- is her name B.J.?

OP, thanks for the update; if your fiance isn't Arab or Muslim, the AP should be short; and keep us apprised and keep the faith, si man.

Observation: While awaiting approval of the I-129F, I cursed USCIS. After the experience with the ####### consulate, it was (hang on for this one) a pleasure and a relief to deal with USCIS again. Who'd a thunk it.

Addendum: Mrs. T-B. got her 10-year green card from the slothful, torporous VSC today, si man. The card really is green in color.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.