lovelylili

Someone please update our time line**

15 posts in this topic

We received the Interview letter this morning, and it states that we are to appear at the USCIS office/Atlanta, Georgia July 25th 2011 @ 2:00 P.M.

Moving right along....Thanks be to God.

I apologize, was suppose to post under May filers..

Congratulations Lily !!!

We received the Interview letter this morning, and it states that we are to appear at the USCIS office/Atlanta, Georgia July 25th 2011 @ 2:00 P.M.

Another question for you please....

The drive to Atlanta is 6-7 hours round trip. Our interview is scheduled for 2pm. I am confident that there is NO WAY that we could do the interview/oath the same day.. is that correct?

Also, if that is indeed the case would you suggest arriving early on the interview date and requesting to be seen before your scheduled interview appointment, or would you just go ahead and send the interview letter back and

attempt to reschedule with an early morning appointment sometime in the future so as to finish up this process in one trip to Atlanta? Thank you again for all the comments you have provided.

Kind regards- Vespa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tanzania
Timeline

The drive to Atlanta is 6-7 hours round trip. Our interview is scheduled for 2pm. I am confident that there is NO WAY that we could do the interview/oath the same day.. is that correct?

Also, if that is indeed the case would you suggest arriving early on the interview date and requesting to be seen before your scheduled interview appointment, or would you just go ahead and send the interview letter back and

attempt to reschedule with an early morning appointment sometime in the future so as to finish up this process in one trip to Atlanta? Thank you again for all the comments you have provided.

Kind regards- Vespa

When are you scheduled for the interview? They only have the oath on certain days and I am pretty sure Friday is not one of them.

Do not reschedule but try to get there by 11am. I remember everyone who had their interviews before 12pm took the oath the same day (it was on Thursday). Once you get there and check in, you will be called once an agent is available. I got there about 1hr earlier and was called in about 10 minutes.

Jan 1999- F1 to USA

June 2006- AOS thru D.O.R.A.

Dec 2009- Oath. Finally a U.S Citizen

I am proud to be Tanzamerican!

Lili,

Yes, there is NO WAY you will have the interview on the same date.

Normally, Atlanta DO does entertain folks that have an interview slot for up to 12.15 PM for the same day oath (searching through another forum) if you reach early. And again, you have to try your luck by getting in early, say around 11.00 PM. No guarantee that it will work as depends on the workload on that specific date. In any case, DO NOT RESCHEDULE. That will surely delay your timeline. Also, I am not sure if you would have completed the 3-year cycle as a permanent resident on the date of interview (since your case went so fast), cause if you're not, you will need to come back later anyway for the oath.

I'd say, try calling the Atlanta DO directly (see below) to check if they can accommodate you earlier. If that doesn't help, try reaching between 11.00-11.30 am and request to be seen earlier.

ATLANTA DISTRICT OFFICE (ATL)

Acting District Director: Denise Frazier

Chief of Staff: Kevin Kerns

Atlanta Field Office Director: Pamela Hutchings

2150 Parklake Drive

Atlanta, GA 30045

Phone: (770) 508-1600 main

District Director: (770) 508-1600 ext. 1866

Fax: (770) 508-1899

Kind regards- Vespa

Once again I appreciate your thoughts. You know... interesting point you bring up concerning the 3-year anniversary. The actual day is not until August 10th, but with the 90 day window we were allowed to apply 90 days in advance, which was early May. Are you suggesting that we will be unable to take the oath until the actual 3 year anniversary? And another thing, you are right.. our case processed very quickly. Thank you again- Vespa

Yes, you will not be able to take the oath before the 3rd anniversary. You are allowed to file 90-days prior in expectation that processing timeline will eventually roll over into the anniversary period which in your case clearly didn't. You may want to call USCIS and re-schedule for a later date indicating your preferred date and a morning time and ensuring you cross the 3rd anniversary date

Once again I appreciate your thoughts. You know... interesting point you bring up concerning the 3-year anniversary. The actual day is not until August 10th, but with the 90 day window we were allowed to apply 90 days in advance, which was early May. Are you suggesting that we will be unable to take the oath until the actual 3 year anniversary? And another thing, you are right.. our case processed very quickly. Thank you again- Vespa

I am assuming that the officer at USCIS would have taken note of the fact that we were not past the 3 year date, and at that point do you think he would then schedule for a return for the ceremony? I am more concerned about canceling our interview appointment than making two trips to Atlanta. It would be reassuring to know that they will schedule the appointment before we leave Atlanta on the 25th, as opposed to just waiting for another appointment. Would you suggest calling and speaking with someone in an effort to secure one appointment after the 3-year anniversary that would finish everything in one day, or would you let it ride and make the original interview and just have faith that the ceremony appointment will happen in a "reasonable" amount of time. Thank you again- Vespa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Right now, as I see it, you have two options:

1. Go to the interview as scheduled and if you pass, most likely you will be notified when to come and take your oath.

2. Return the appoitment notice to be rescheduled, then receive a new interview date and hopefully its after August 10th, otherwise you will still have 2 trips to take to Atlanta again. If the interview is after Aug 10 but scheduled on a day when oaths are not taken, then you will have another trip to make...

Jan 1999- F1 to USA

June 2006- AOS thru D.O.R.A.

Dec 2009- Oath. Finally a U.S Citizen

I am proud to be Tanzamerican!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations! Your case is going really fast!

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Lili,

I'll go with option 1.....Go to the interview as scheduled and discuss with the Officer about a convenient date for Oath ceremony at a later date. I don't think you can avoid the 2nd trip. I will have my interview the same day at 9.00 am.

Atul

Right now, as I see it, you have two options:

1. Go to the interview as scheduled and if you pass, most likely you will be notified when to come and take your oath.

2. Return the appoitment notice to be rescheduled, then receive a new interview date and hopefully its after August 10th, otherwise you will still have 2 trips to take to Atlanta again. If the interview is after Aug 10 but scheduled on a day when oaths are not taken, then you will have another trip to make...

haha....I wish I can do that....I work not too far away from the DO....Hate to hafta take the whole day off as opposed to 1-2 hour temporary absence from work. I work as a contractor, so 25th will be an unpaid day :(:angry:

Congratulations!! Care to trade appointment times :)

Thank you for your help.

Don't change your interview date or time. You may just have to make the trip a second time.

Good luck!

-Tim
--
Visit the Dominican immigration forums at:

http://www.dominicanstotheusa.com

Some interesting articles on my blog:

http://americanwomenreallysuck.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.