JasonC

Timeline after sending RFE for bona-fide marriage?

8 posts in this topic

wend i got my REF at the CSC and after sending the documente requeted It took 2 weeks to get approve and to NVC.

SEND PICS of the weadding wit families and friends . Send the entire album if you can . Create a Facebook tell your wife or husbando to do the same Enter Marry status Print profile page .

Also you can ask your family to write and Notarize a Letter in wish they will admit that they know about your relationship and weadding and they Know is a true weaddin and that is for LV ect.

Also send a copy of the Marrige Certificate make a copy of the Folio the big contract Like document they give in Colombia .

Remember send copies and Make sure all Spanish Documents are transalted by agencie and with expert translation notification.

Make copies of transalations you will need them for NVC process also

That should clean that REF

Good Luck

Edited by felo391971

Still at CSC.

Just wondering - I looked at your timeline, did you received the RFE on the same day CSC received your I-130? If so, then it is a fresh case i.e the 5-6 months as advised by USCIS. Without knowing what the RFE is for, it appears there was some very obvious omission so much that they could not even start on your petition.

Anyway, other 'more experienced' members may comment differently.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

wend i got my REF at the CSC and after sending the documente requeted It took 2 weeks to get approve and to NVC.

SEND PICS of the weadding wit families and friends . Send the entire album if you can . Create a Facebook tell your wife or husbando to do the same Enter Marry status Print profile page .

Also you can ask your family to write and Notarize a Letter in wish they will admit that they know about your relationship and weadding and they Know is a true weaddin and that is for LV ect.

Also send a copy of the Marrige Certificate make a copy of the Folio the big contract Like document they give in Colombia .

Remember send copies and Make sure all Spanish Documents are transalted by agencie and with expert translation notification.

Make copies of transalations you will need them for NVC process also

That should clean that REF

Good Luck

Thank you for your response. Yes, I sent copies of our wedding albums and pictures of all of my visits. My parents also sent a notarized letter confirming knowledge of the marriage and wedding. All documents in Spanish were translated to English.

Just wondering - I looked at your timeline, did you received the RFE on the same day CSC received your I-130? If so, then it is a fresh case i.e the 5-6 months as advised by USCIS. Without knowing what the RFE is for, it appears there was some very obvious omission so much that they could not even start on your petition.

Anyway, other 'more experienced' members may comment differently.

My timeline should be correct. It seems similar, but they took exactly ONE YEAR AND A DAY to send me this additional RFE.

This particular RFE was to show proof of a bona fide marriage. I sent over 200 pages of proof, including pictures and notarized statements.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.