JohnloveChona0503

IR after K1 Interview. Consular dont need additional documents when 221(g) was given to Visa Applicant

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha Every one! Interview date K1 06.13.2011. Long wait is irritating, to find out the interview with the pre-interviewer (filipina) took only 5 minutes, and with the Consul (american woman) took only 5 minutes, few easy questions were asked. I am not complete stranger to my love Fiance so I knew very well and confident to my answers. But what is annoying the final interviewer took most of our time scanning our paperwork for a documents she ( this Consul) could not even find, and she did not told me what is she looking for, I was in front of her and I was just looking at her closely instead of her to focus on me as I talked and answer her question. She asked for our photos but because she is busy looking for something, she failed to take a look at them, even though I remind her about the photos she asked of me. This is something ridiculous for being treated unfairly and feels like discriminated. Knowing the fact that, you had all the required documentations with you during the interview and you are confident with your answer during the Visa Interview.

This whole experienced once again, prompted me to open up this topic even if this will not sound new to member who already have read my post here. Everyday our heart is being crushed by this incident, knowing others got their approval right away to think you also have the same cases and same amount of preparation during the interview.

The final interview, this Consul just told me, there is a missing document she is looking and she can not find it and so she can not issue a document right at that moment, further she told me some one will explained it to me and I WILL BE FINE. Unfortunately, I am so much anxious that time what is it, my head is aching, hungry and tired because of this long wait inside the Embassy. Here we go, the Filipino Guy called my name, there he explained to me, "our case is on internal review, the Consul no longer asked additional documents to be accomplished, he gave me this sheet of paper 221(g). He is also wondering, why the Consul issue this 221(g) and yet there is nothing to be supplied as additional documents to be given by me to them. This is only my observation while I am looking closely to this guy, he told me to "ignore" the note "see reverse" written by this Consul since nothing is being written on the reverse either. . . . what A ******fck! See? my headache aggravated really. . . . . It is the Filipino guy who just checked the "WAIT UNTIL YOU HERE FROM US." it is small box at the bottom of the 221(g).

Guys? Don't you see and feel how it is being treated this way????? No magic words being heard "approval" or the other way around . . . . so we are on Internal Review, My passport is with them, I asked why I did not fill up to go, this Filipino Guy told me, Ma'am we already know your address where to send your Visa after the review is done. Amazing, he recited to me my address and I said okay that is correct. Well, well well. . . . .

IF ANY ONE has the same experience with the US Embassy (Manila) people in there and the process, please please please feel free to give your comments, it is also open to all VJ members. Leave your comment and advice, it is greatly appreciated. MANY THANKS.... GOD BLESS THE REST OF OUR JOURNEY. . . . .

Hi Chona...This is Scott. It appears to me, based on what you wrote here, that there is a missing document.

Now, whether that document should have been in your package from the USCIS/NVC or whether it was a document you needed to supply, you are not sure. Either the lady told you and due to the stress you did not remember, or she failed to tell you and was supposed to write it on 221g, it's hard to determine. It could have been a mistake on her part for failing to write this on your 221g. You mentioned the Filipino man seemed to be confused as well and just checked the box "wait till you hear from us".

I think waiting for an answer is dangerous. I'm not positive how the process works, but I believe if they issue a 221g, they are requesting a document. Either from you or some other agency.

Are you actively trying to call the USEM to get a clarification about what is needed if anything from you? I would be calling everyday, twice a day, until I could talk with someone that can tell me what is the status...tell them your story and just ask..."is there anything needed from me"? I would also have my fiance calling from the US. I have experianced in the past, when I called the USEM from the US, they seem to be more responsive. But that is just my feeling. So have your fiance calling as well.

Well, I know this is a trying time for you guys. I don't think you are being intentionally discriminated against, nor do I think you and your fiance working for the governments has any relevance on this. What I am suggesting is that you be very proactive...CALL OFTEN...EMAIL the USEM Inquiry mailbox OFTEN...maybe you will get someone that can answer your questions. Good Luck and God Bless.

Timeline

Hi Chona...This is Scott. It appears to me, based on what you wrote here, that there is a missing document.

Now, whether that document should have been in your package from the USCIS/NVC or whether it was a document you needed to supply, you are not sure. Either the lady told you and due to the stress you did not remember, or she failed to tell you and was supposed to write it on 221g, it's hard to determine. It could have been a mistake on her part for failing to write this on your 221g. You mentioned the Filipino man seemed to be confused as well and just checked the box "wait till you hear from us".

I think waiting for an answer is dangerous. I'm not positive how the process works, but I believe if they issue a 221g, they are requesting a document. Either from you or some other agency.

Are you actively trying to call the USEM to get a clarification about what is needed if anything from you? I would be calling everyday, twice a day, until I could talk with someone that can tell me what is the status...tell them your story and just ask..."is there anything needed from me"? I would also have my fiance calling from the US. I have experianced in the past, when I called the USEM from the US, they seem to be more responsive. But that is just my feeling. So have your fiance calling as well.

Well, I know this is a trying time for you guys. I don't think you are being intentionally discriminated against, nor do I think you and your fiance working for the governments has any relevance on this. What I am suggesting is that you be very proactive...CALL OFTEN...EMAIL the USEM Inquiry mailbox OFTEN...maybe you will get someone that can answer your questions. Good Luck and God Bless.

Yes, thank you Scott. Like I have mentioned in the above topic of mine. I was closely looking at the american woman consul, and instead of an interview of me to her, our time was being locked into her scanning my paperwork, and me looking at what is she doing. I can not forget, and still fresh in my mind what she told me, yes there is a missing document, but she is suppose to asked me and told me in front of her what is she looking maybe I have a copy of that sheet of paper. I hope I am right.

The Filipino Guy is thinking why this Consul issue a 221(g) and on the "OTHER" column, she wrote "see reverse" and nothing is on the reverse, that makes him think and looks like he too was confused. That is why he just put a checked mark on that area where something is written about "wait until. . . . ..."

We will make a moved of emailing first and later on calling the Immigrant Visa section, We are giving them a week or two to make up their mind and do their job. Well we hope they really are taking good care of our case now... Thank you Scott for the effort of giving us advice. GOD BLESS.

Yes, thank you Scott. Like I have mentioned in the above topic of mine. I was closely looking at the american woman consul, and instead of an interview of me to her, our time was being locked into her scanning my paperwork, and me looking at what is she doing. I can not forget, and still fresh in my mind what she told me, yes there is a missing document, but she is suppose to asked me and told me in front of her what is she looking maybe I have a copy of that sheet of paper. I hope I am right.

The Filipino Guy is thinking why this Consul issue a 221(g) and on the "OTHER" column, she wrote "see reverse" and nothing is on the reverse, that makes him think and looks like he too was confused. That is why he just put a checked mark on that area where something is written about "wait until. . . . ..."

We will make a moved of emailing first and later on calling the Immigrant Visa section, We are giving them a week or two to make up their mind and do their job. Well we hope they really are taking good care of our case now... Thank you Scott for the effort of giving us advice. GOD BLESS.

Been to the same situation when i had my K1 journey in 2006. 221 g paper is given to those visa applicants who are not approved right away after the interview. Reason could be they need additional documents from you or they need more document verification.

I got one same 221 g that says "wait till u hear from us" and did not mention any lacking documents they need from me.

I was so scared and did nothing but wait. Exactly after a month i got my visa in the mail. Good luck and just hang in there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Chona!

My interview was last June 15, 2011, just two days after your interview. :) My application was also put on hold via 221g. But mine indicated the documents I needed to submit. I already submitted the documents they're asking for last week. I'm just waiting for the result but I also monitor by calling USEM and even the courier service just to make sure that my documents were delivered and received properly and on time. I will probably call USEM again before this week ends for an update. And taking Scott's advise, I will ask my fiance to also call from the US as well. Good thing calls made here to the USEM is free already! lol. Anyway, I feel what you feel. Waiting is such a torment for us especially that we miss our loved ones so much! But, let's not lose hope. And let's use this "waiting" period to bond with our families and friends here in Manila because who knows? We could be on the next flight going to the US of A to marry our loves! So cheer up and let's keep on praying and believing for the best! God bless! :)(F) (F) :)

Edited by keimee2010

06/03/2010 - Engagement - Our Story

10/25/2010 - Filed I-129F - The Process

11/02/2010 - Received Notice from USCIS

04/20/2011 - Petition approved - My Experience

05/10/2011 - Received confirmation letter from USEM

05/30-31/2011 - Medical/Physical Examination - My Experience

06/15/2011 - USEM Interview (under 221g) - My Experience

06/20/2011 - Submitted docs via 2go

06/23/2011 - Docs forwarded to the consul

07/11/2011 - VISA APPROVED!!!!PRAISE GOD!!

07/14/2011 - VISA DELIVERED! HAPPY BLESSED DAY!

07/22/2011 - CFO Guidance & Counseling Seminar - My Experience

Timeline

Hello Every one! Our Visa was issued already last June 28, the AP was over. I am very happy to know that it did not took a longer time to wait. Mind you, just keep the faith, increase the faith while waiting for the Visa to come, and just wait and give the US Embassy people the time needed for them to work on their job. I did not bug them, did not call. But I did sent an email (polite one) just ONCE last June 30. And on the same day got an email that the Visa has been issued to us 2 days earlier, and ready for delivery to our designated address through 2GO. Just relax, take it easy although it is normal for us human being to be questioning why this, how come and when to wait. . . . . just put all your trust in God, for if God will use His ways and hands to move things it really is for SURE and will happen in just a matter of the blink of an eye. GOD BLESS every one and I pray for a smooth journey for you all.

JOHN&CHONA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.