SunnieAndMoh

Still waiting AP

5 posts in this topic

So back in September of 2010, my husband had his interview in East Jerusalem. His interview went ok, but they put him in AP. After about four months the consulate called my husband telling him everything was approved and to send his passport. He sent in his passport and within 2 days got a phone call from the same lady telling him he needed to be back in AP and they would send him his passport back without a visa. It has now officially been 9 months of AP, and still waiting. I have contacted my lawyer, my senator, I called DOS, and spoke with the consulate via email and all the same, his case is still undergoing AP and we need to wait. Is there anything I can do?? Anything I haven't done that can be done?? Any help would be great, cause being stuck in limbo isn't an easy task...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So back in September of 2010, my husband had his interview in East Jerusalem. His interview went ok, but they put him in AP. After about four months the consulate called my husband telling him everything was approved and to send his passport. He sent in his passport and within 2 days got a phone call from the same lady telling him he needed to be back in AP and they would send him his passport back without a visa. It has now officially been 9 months of AP, and still waiting. I have contacted my lawyer, my senator, I called DOS, and spoke with the consulate via email and all the same, his case is still undergoing AP and we need to wait. Is there anything I can do?? Anything I haven't done that can be done?? Any help would be great, cause being stuck in limbo isn't an easy task...

Unfortunately, you have done all you can do...now, it is a waiting game. Email the embassy every now and then and also call DOS for updates. I know this is hard and painful, hopefully it'll be over soon and inshallah,they will call for his passport again.

Is your AP at the embassy level?

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Not that I know of. All I know is it should still be at the consulate.

I am soo sorry! If it's at the embassy level, than they are most likely reviewing your case. They could be looking at your case, verifying documents, or checking on your relationship. I hope they finish soon. Try to be patient. I know this is hard, but there isn't any other choice. My best advice is to keep yourself as busy as you can and keep checking with DOS and the embassy.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

I was under AP for a long time (years)at the Jerusalem Consulate, and I recieved my visa a week ago. But, There is a new chief for the visa section there, and I noticed in the last few weeks that few people that I know received their immigrants visas beside me. It seems he makes things faster. It is just an observation.

Keep emailing the Consulate once in a couple of weeks and address the Consular officer who interviewed your husband or the visa section chief there. That's how we did it recently. Whenever we emailed the Consulate, we ask to pass our email to the officer who interviewed me which we got better answers because the one who is checking the consulates' emails will just check the case on the system, but if they passed your email to the consular officer, may be he will notice how long you have been in PA. It just an idea and it worked with us.

Hopefully your husband visa will get through soon.

Best Luck

First meeting----2007-08-30

Engaged---------2007-11-21

Marriage---------2008-02-07

I-130 Sent-------2008-07-24

I-130 NOA1------2008-07-31

I-129F Sent------2008-08-26

I-129F NOA1-----2008-09-02

I-129F NOA2-----2009-02-25

NVC Received----2009-03-05

Packet 3---------2009-03-12

Packet 3 Sent----2009-04-13

Packet 4---------2009-04-26

Interview Date---2009-05-14--Approved, but required additional documents

Visa Received---- AP, Time Unknown

I-130 Approval----2009-02-25

Switched to IR1 visa

1st interview---------09-03-2011

2nd interview---------03-05-2011

visa issued-----------07-04-2011, but the Consulate kept my passport

3rd interview---------24-05-2011 with the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

4th interview---------06-06-2011 interviewd my wife, the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

passport received-----14-06-2011 with IR1 visa

US Entry----------21-09-2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To suffer in silence is the greatest suffering

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.