Brusik

NVC RFE Email

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I know I had the RFE for the dates I missed from when the wife was 16.. What I don't understand is how they talk about poilice report.. There is only one police report but according to the letter from NVC it seems they need more than one..

All I sent was one police certificate saying when wife was born and her current address.. They say that there is no convictions and is not wanted on any criminal list.. My wife has lived in 3 cities in Georgia.....Bakuriani, Tbilisi and Rustavi but she had only one police report

So my question is: are all they asking for is the date from 16 to 17 years I placed no residence..

______IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION:__________________________________

Please submit a completed copy of form Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration -

Biographic Data (DS-230/DS-260) for this applicant. In reviewing the form that you submitted, we note

that the section pertaining to applicant residences from the age of 16 is either blank or incomplete. The

applicant must list all places lived for at least six months since reaching the age of 16. There must not be

any gaps greater than six months. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes.

Your visa application cannot be processed until this form is complete.

A gap exists in your residence history of more than six months. When completing the information in

this section, please refer to the following instructions below on Police Certificate(s):

*Police certificates are required for each visa applicant aged 16 years or older, based on where each

applicant lives or has lived previously.

*Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided more than

12 months. Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates

covering their residence in the U.S.

*Generally, applications for police certificates should be made directly to the police authorities in the

district in which you resided. The police certificate must:

*Cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area, and

*State what the appropriate police authorities records show concerning each applicant, including all

arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.

*If you have any questions about where or how to apply for police certificates in other countries, you

may communicate directly with the U.S. consular office processing your visa applications.

NOTE: Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable. Detailed information is available from

the NVC or the nearest United States immigrant visa processing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I know I had the RFE for the dates I missed from when the wife was 16.. What I don't understand is how they talk about poilice report.. There is only one police report but according to the letter from NVC it seems they need more than one..

All I sent was one police certificate saying when wife was born and her current address.. They say that there is no convictions and is not wanted on any criminal list.. My wife has lived in 3 cities in Georgia.....Bakuriani, Tbilisi and Rustavi but she had only one police report

So my question is: are all they asking for is the date from 16 to 17 years I placed no residence..

______IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION:__________________________________

Please submit a completed copy of form Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration -

Biographic Data (DS-230/DS-260) for this applicant. In reviewing the form that you submitted, we note

that the section pertaining to applicant residences from the age of 16 is either blank or incomplete. The

applicant must list all places lived for at least six months since reaching the age of 16. There must not be

any gaps greater than six months. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes.

Your visa application cannot be processed until this form is complete.

A gap exists in your residence history of more than six months. When completing the information in

this section, please refer to the following instructions below on Police Certificate(s):

*Police certificates are required for each visa applicant aged 16 years or older, based on where each

applicant lives or has lived previously.

*Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided more than

12 months. Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates

covering their residence in the U.S.

*Generally, applications for police certificates should be made directly to the police authorities in the

district in which you resided. The police certificate must:

*Cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area, and

*State what the appropriate police authorities records show concerning each applicant, including all

arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.

*If you have any questions about where or how to apply for police certificates in other countries, you

may communicate directly with the U.S. consular office processing your visa applications.

NOTE: Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable. Detailed information is available from

the NVC or the nearest United States immigrant visa processing

She will have to have police records of every location she lived i do believe (dont know if that will pertain to the fact she lived in cities withing Georgia)... my husband was only one city his whole life so we didnt have to go thru this.

As far as the residence... we listed my husbands from birth lol just to be sure we didnt have any gaps but yes be sure to redo that and resubmit including every place she lived from 16 on without any gaps whatsoever.

I'm not sure if i was much help but i hope you get this taken care of quickly and resume your momentum at NVC.... :)

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

She will have to have police records of every location she lived i do believe (dont know if that will pertain to the fact she lived in cities withing Georgia)... my husband was only one city his whole life so we didnt have to go thru this.

As far as the residence... we listed my husbands from birth lol just to be sure we didnt have any gaps but yes be sure to redo that and resubmit including every place she lived from 16 on without any gaps whatsoever.

I'm not sure if i was much help but i hope you get this taken care of quickly and resume your momentum at NVC.... :)

CSR only mentioned the missing 1 year date when I talked on the phone.. She told me yesterday to send with cover letter.. Today I got email with different cover letter everything on cover letter same except it says Checklist Letter Response.. I think i'll remail again.. with this cover letter

When I read NVC web site for georgia they listed only Tbilisi.. I know Bakuriani is an alpine village and there is no ministry or anything there.. Everything is done out of Tbilisi..

Ministry of Internal Affairs is in Tbilisi

and if I read this correct there is only 1 police report

Police and Prison Records

Available. The Information Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs maintains a centralized database of police and prison records indexed by name, date and place of birth. The records also contain fingerprints of convicted persons. The records are maintained at the:

Ministry of Internal Affairs

Information Center

8 Gulua Street

Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia.

Point of contact is:

Mr. Ghia Chanturidze

First floor

Room #2

Telephone 995 (32) 99 15 82

Individuals living in Tbilisi may obtain police and prison records free of charge upon direct application to the Ministry of Internal Affairs within five working days. Individuals complete an application form which includes information on their full name including patronymic and their Georgian personal identification number. Persons living outside of Tbilisi or outside of Georgia can apply by proxy (e.g. relative in Tbilisi) or through the mail with a written request stating the type of record required and the purpose for which the information is being sought. If a person has a criminal record, police may prefer to send the information directly to the requesting office. A court record of a sentence is available, while criminal investigation and court trial records are unavailable.

Edited by Brusik

Timeline

Maybe post this in your country specific area you may get a better response from those who have gone thru this same area?

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Maybe post this in your country specific area you may get a better response from those who have gone thru this same area?

Trouble is little comes out of Georgia haha.. I think only one place to get police report because country is so small

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9174

This may answer the question

Edited by Brusik

Timeline

Trouble is little comes out of Georgia haha.. I think only one place to get police report because country is so small

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9174

This may answer the question

LOL yeah that may help for sure :) good luck... and little may come outta georgia but u got something priceless ;)

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

LOL yeah that may help for sure :) good luck... and little may come outta georgia but u got something priceless ;)

Here is what her police report said

Issued to verify that Citizen Wifes name...... born 14 05 1961 and then gives current address.. has no previous conviction and is not wanted on any list according to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia..

I am hoping the one I sent is good enough. The RFE even though it talks of police reports, they are only asking for the dates I missed on line #30

CSR never mentioned police report she said just line 30 was incomplete..

Edited by Brusik

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.