JudyKCski

Norway joint/co-sponsor question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Okay - I was in Norway when my fiance went to his interview on May 18th.

I stayed outside the embassy while my fiance was inside so.. what I am getting is 2nd hand type information (Bear with me).

He looked at my I134 and told my fiance I did not meet the support requirement.. that I "did not make the 14,710 income".

of course I did not.. I have been spending half the year these past 4 years in Norway. Also, no consideration of my owning my own home nor assets - they looked at the black and white figures of my income taxes only.

Anyway back to my story. So, my fiance tells me the above about the $14,710 income and says that they said all the paperwork was in order but that and asked for me to get either a joint or a cosponsor (now I am not sure which) and to file a I864.

Now I am totally confused.. they were looking at the 14,710 amount for me and with the I864 it is 18,387 @ 125% for 2. What has me most worried is my friend who is going to co and or joint sponsor will make 18,252.00 ... sorry for my language but the suckiest part is the fact she was above the limit up until they updated the newest poverty figures..

Any other takes on what I wrote.. and any encouragement would be helpful. No other friends nor family are left to ask - nor is there much time left as my petition expires in July.

I-129F Sent : 10-04-2010

I-129F NOA1 : 10-12-2010

Touched: 10-21-2010

NOA2: 03-16-2011

Vermont Service Center

Interview: 05-18-2011

Fiance' Visa Approved: 12Jul2011

POE - Newark Airport November 20, 2011

Married: December 8, 2011

AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox on Feb. 13, 2012

I-485 transfered to Laguna Niguel CA on March 17, 2012

EAD - received from Lee's Summit, MO on April 18, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Correction 125% Poverty level for 2 is 18,387. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

yes, I realize that.. the 18,252.00 is what my friend made. So, now I don't know what in hell to do as it is not enough.

I-129F Sent : 10-04-2010

I-129F NOA1 : 10-12-2010

Touched: 10-21-2010

NOA2: 03-16-2011

Vermont Service Center

Interview: 05-18-2011

Fiance' Visa Approved: 12Jul2011

POE - Newark Airport November 20, 2011

Married: December 8, 2011

AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox on Feb. 13, 2012

I-485 transfered to Laguna Niguel CA on March 17, 2012

EAD - received from Lee's Summit, MO on April 18, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.