Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi I would be grateful for any help with this issue.

I entered the US January 2009. I married a US citizen November 2009. The application was filed March 2010. We seperated July 2010 before the final interview which was November 2011. I attended on my own and explained we were dating and seeing counsellors. My wife denied this and presumably withdrew her support. I was denied March 2011, but it did not state that I must leave.

My wife filed for divorce September 2010 - we are still married pending divorce hearing August 2011.

I returned to the UK July 2010 while I-485 application was in process and was paroled back in. This is stamped in my passport and expires August 2011.

I want to apply for an H-3 temporary work visa and am unsure of my status.

I have been told that my status is 'paroled' until this expires.

I have been told that I am OK until I am divorced.

I have been told that I should not leave the US because I entered US legally and it reset my clock to zero if I leave.

I have been told that I am out of status and need to leave ASAP and get in status.

To return to the UK and then come back I will need to buy a single back to UK (same as return) and then get a return from the UK to comply with my new visa that I return with.

Thank you in advance for your help

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran

Your advance parole was voided when the I-485 was denied as it was issued based upon this application. You are and have been since your denial out of status. You don't state what visa you entered in but unless it was a K-1 (which it doesn't look like) you accumulated quite a bit of overstay and I am surprised you were allowed back into the US with your advance parole.

I don't know how the work visa's are obtained but I think you have to return to your country to obtain it. If this is the case you will trigger a ban as soon as you leave.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...