^_^

Massachusetts Republican: Undocumented Immigrant Rape Victims ‘Should Be Afraid To Come Forward’

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Massachusetts GOP state Rep. Ryan Fattman ... believes undocumented women who are raped should be afraid to go to the police. Yesterday, the Worcester Telegram & Gazette reported on Fattman’s incendiary comments, which he made while defending a controversial federal immigration program that many say will damage the relationship between law enforcement and immigrant communities. Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D) has refused to join the program out of concern that immigrants who are victims of violent crimes will be afraid to report them and seek help:

Mr. Fattman dismissed concerns of some law enforcement officials — cited by the governor — who said using local police to enforce immigration laws could discourage reporting of crime by victims who are illegal immigrants.

Asked if he would be concerned that a woman without legal immigration status was raped and beaten as she walked down the street might be afraid to report the crime to police, Mr. Fattman said he was not worried about those implications.

“My thought is that if someone is here illegally, they should be afraid to come forward,” Mr. Fattman said. “If you do it the right way, you don’t have to be concerned about these things,” he said referring to obtaining legal immigration status.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/09/240597/massachusetts-gop-immigrant-rape/

The same thing is done to illegals here and we are called racists if we even ask for ID. I mean you are talking about what ONE man did to ONE girl. Do you think there are not many hundreds of illegal immigrant women that are sexually abused, exploited, raped, forced to perform sex acts to "pay" for being brought to the Eutopian States of America? When it is suggested, by anyone for any reason to end the exploitation of people and the human trafficking...they are attacked by the Obama administration so the exploitation, rape, abuse can continue.

C&P from another thread

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Massachusetts GOP state Rep. Ryan Fattman ... believes undocumented women who are raped should be afraid to go to the police. Yesterday, the Worcester Telegram & Gazette reported on Fattman’s incendiary comments, which he made while defending a controversial federal immigration program that many say will damage the relationship between law enforcement and immigrant communities. Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D) has refused to join the program out of concern that immigrants who are victims of violent crimes will be afraid to report them and seek help:

Mr. Fattman dismissed concerns of some law enforcement officials — cited by the governor — who said using local police to enforce immigration laws could discourage reporting of crime by victims who are illegal immigrants.

Asked if he would be concerned that a woman without legal immigration status was raped and beaten as she walked down the street might be afraid to report the crime to police, Mr. Fattman said he was not worried about those implications.

“My thought is that if someone is here illegally, they should be afraid to come forward,” Mr. Fattman said. “If you do it the right way, you don’t have to be concerned about these things,” he said referring to obtaining legal immigration status.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/09/240597/massachusetts-gop-immigrant-rape/

First thing first – they should not be here, if they are illegal I am sorry but they need to leave the country.

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER , ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER, ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER, ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER, ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER, ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU, WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET !

A JOB, A DRIVERS LICENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS, CREDIT CARDS, SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE, FREE EDUCATION, FREE HEALTH CARE,

A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE

THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU, PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

Com on if you live in any of the border states specially with Mexico you will realize how bad it has gone in days, with shooting and killing and drug cartels and gangs. I am sure you will side with police officer asking to see persons papers to see if they are legally in country.

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

First thing first – they should not be here, if they are illegal I am sorry but they need to leave the country.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU, WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

A JOB, A DRIVERS LICENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS, CREDIT CARDS, SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE, FREE EDUCATION, FREE HEALTH CARE,

A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE

THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU, PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

Com on if you live in any of the border states specially with Mexico you will realize how bad it has gone in days, with shooting and killing and drug cartels and gangs. I am sure you will side with police officer asking to see persons papers to see if they are legally in country.

That is a very callous red herring. I am vehemently against illegal immigration, but emergency services should NEVER be restricted from anyone in this country, ever.

Indy.gif

I think we should give them a ride to their consulate, embassy, or back to the border so they can file charges with the proper authority. Along the way, they should be documented, photographed, fingerprinted, and probably a big ol' "NO ENTRY TO USA" tattooed across their forehead.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

I think we should give them a ride to their consulate, embassy, or back to the border so they can file charges with the proper authority. Along the way, they should be documented, photographed, fingerprinted, and probably a big ol' "NO ENTRY TO USA" tattooed across their forehead.

Slim, the proper authority is the city, county, or state in which the crime was committed in.

Indy.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

First things first, these people are human beings first, illegal immigrants a distant second. You must have some real hatred to imply that illegal status outweighs being the victim of a rape.