starsinsky

I cannot be happy with this stupid embassy appointment

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have been told by email that NVC completed my case and forwarded to China, Guangzhou's consulate on 4-20-2011. My husband and I are waiting for P4 to be arrived. Until last night, I wrote an email to Guangzhou's consulate regarding our case, then they replied me back with an appointment date which will be on 6-27-11; however, My husband hasn't received the P4 from them yet. how we prepare our interview without a medical exam's result and the appointment letter at that day.I had tried to Email them about this situation< because they stop offering on-phone services in Guangzhou's consulate),and got no response so far. I really feel so disappointed about this replied email. any suggestion, guys?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

email again, ask for appointment letter to be mailed, include the right address for postal mail.

if you need forms, all are on the consulate website for download.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

email again, ask for appointment letter to be mailed, include the right address for postal mail.

if you need forms, all are on the consulate website for download.

Thank you for the reply, i am going to do that now.

can i ask u one more question about support affidavit?

I earned 21000 in 2010, 18000 in 2009, and 17000 in 2008. my paycheck shows that i currently make 2300 to 2400 monthly, so my salary will be 29500 for 2012. push i have some extra money in my interested checking account as 9000, and 2900 in my simple IRAs's account , is it good enough for affidavit of support for my husband when the day for his interview?

Timeline

is questionable, technically your last tax year and current income is ok - showing cash assets will be a plus.

ps - can get the medical done without appt letter if you know the guz case number.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Have you figure out when Guangzhou mailed it out? Your husband's mailling address problem? Ask Guangzhou email him appointment letter!!

Medical check needs appointment letter. In P4, appointment letter is only valuable document!!

Timeline

Have you figure out when Guangzhou mailed it out? Your husband's mailling address problem? Ask Guangzhou email him appointment letter!!

Medical check needs appointment letter. In P4, appointment letter is only valuable document!!

My husband and i dont know when they sent out the P4. Usually, when my husband misses to sign for the urgent letters or package from post office, they call him and leave a note on his door to ask him to pick it up in person, so i guess his mailing address is fine. Yea,I sent another email to Guangzhou's consulate with my hubby's living address and asked them to rescheduled another appointment for my hubby due to we havent received an appointment letter from them yet. I hope they will response me with a good email reply. Praying..... this just make us feeling more nervous.

Timeline

When you call DoS today, ask them when the packet 4 was mailed out, as well.

Timeline

When you call DoS today, ask them when the packet 4 was mailed out, as well.

I did call DoS yesterday. A lady told me the package 4 sent on 6-14-11 from Guangzhou's consulate, and the appointment date is as same as i mentioned on 6-27-2011 at 12: 30 p.m.. I sent an email to GuangZhou's consulate to request the appointment letter, still no any news from them yet..sigh....

Timeline

the 14th? cool - expect it no later than the 23rd, IMO.

When you sent in the GUZ IV Packet 3 Supplemental form - any issues with any 'change of address' vs any other form that you put in the chinese address?

Timeline

I take it you didn't do electronic processing ? The interview date is set to be very long after your case has been completed at the NVC stage.

all of us who do electronic processing get the appointment directly from NVC . The interview date is about 3 -4 weeks from the completion of the NVC process . It is sent by email.

any reason why you chose NOT to do electronic processing ?

Timeline

ya, they not do electronic processing. :(

For this type of paper case, the casefile is sent from NVC to GUZ IV, with a lag time in China once it hits the border anywhere from 1 to 5 months. Then GUZ IV gets the casefile, opens the casefile, sets up the schedule.

EP at NVC bypasses all of this stuff, appointment is set at NVC, no dead zone time lag for casefile travel, SAFEFILE is used solely.

Timeline

the 14th? cool - expect it no later than the 23rd, IMO.

When you sent in the GUZ IV Packet 3 Supplemental form - any issues with any 'change of address' vs any other form that you put in the chinese address?

I have no choice for interview date until now , so I and my hubby are praying it will be arrived before 6-22-2011, so we can have extra time to prepare documents. Yeah, After i mailed out the P3 for my hubby, they emailed us a request form that we had to fill our my hubby's living address in Chinese to confirm the address we had put on i-130 , and we did. So i guess his living address is not a problem to receive the P4.Thank you for assisting me here, Darnell.

Timeline

I take it you didn't do electronic processing ? The interview date is set to be very long after your case has been completed at the NVC stage.

all of us who do electronic processing get the appointment directly from NVC . The interview date is about 3 -4 weeks from the completion of the NVC process . It is sent by email.

any reason why you chose NOT to do electronic processing ?

I didnt know about electronic processing before. I am one of those new applicants, when I try to apply immigration for family member, the 1st thing all i know was asking for an agent to help me to fill it out without any self- preparing before i went to their office, which means i was so insane with it. I am lucky that i found out this very helpful site and its members help me through the whole visa processing. Thank you again, guys !

Timeline

hey - any news?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.