dcdeveloperx

I-134 invalid when you file for I-184?

5 posts in this topic

Do they just use the information on the I-184 from now on?

The short answer is 'Yes.' The I-864 will supersede the previously filed I-134 (that's a generalization but is the case nonetheless).

(Technically the I-134 is non-binding - the I-864 on the other hand is binding.)

Thank you for that information. I really appreciate the help. I'm using a co-sponsor for the embassy just in case because I don't have a full three years of tax returns because of college. However when I apply for the I-184 I feel much more conformable doing it only by myself. I clearly make over the 125 percent poverty line and all that, but I wanted to be careful with the embassy and not risk anything. Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Note: Interstate 184 (I-184) is a short Interstate Highway spur route of Interstate 84 located in Idaho. I-184 connects I-84 travelers to downtown Boise.

We are talking about I-864 which is an Affidavit of support for an immigrant Green-Card holder, this form is used when adjusting status, or for Immigrant visas like CR-1, or IR-1 spouse visas.

But yes, once a person adjusts status from NON-Immigrant K-Visa to immigrant, the I-864 takes over.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.