britishspouse

London CR1 Interview any extras to bring?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey guys.

So my interview is scheduled in London for July 29th and I have all the letters telling me what to bring. Basically its just my passport, but I will also bring in photo copies of the submitted paperwork+ docs just in case.

I have heard some people bring in photo's and chat history etc just in case, so is this something I should do also? Then maybe if there is a chance I'll have to go into AP.... I can have all the extra proof i need there and then. I dont have old ticket stubs, but I have proof of our joint bank account, proof we lived together for 4 years whilst i was in USA on my F1, And our wedding album, plus other photos throughout the 5 years thus far.

So yeah. Let me know what you think, and anyone that has had a recent CR1 interview, were you asked for any of this? Im trying to be fully prepared.

Also just to add. I called the premium rate number to ask about a new date, and he gave me an email code and I emailed it, but didn't receive an automated reply. This was sent Saturday at 3pm. So called back Tuesday and he told me i shouldn't have received at automated reply anyway, and to give it 5 days, then if i hear nothing to call back. Lots of expensive calls, so hopefully I get an email back soon!

Edited by britishspouse

Total time from posting I-130 to VISA in hand 7 months 21 days :D

timeline.jpg?t=1311777984

London isn't interested in any proofs of your relationship. Extra copies of forms/documents sent to NVC is a good idea as backup.

AP isn't about your relationship. It's about security clearance and what you put on the I-157 that might kick in checks of additional databases.Those checks take extra time. AP is mostly when the interviewee was not born in the UK, especially those born in India or Pakistan. Or if you've made frequent trips to certain middle eastern nations. Or if your name (or your parents) is the same as known terrorists. Or if you have special skills in chemistry, weapons, bombs, etc. If you're an average British born, you likely will not experience delay.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

London isn't interested in any proofs of your relationship. Extra copies of forms/documents sent to NVC is a good idea as backup.

AP isn't about your relationship. It's about security clearance and what you put on the I-157 that might kick in checks of additional databases.Those checks take extra time. AP is mostly when the interviewee was not born in the UK, especially those born in India or Pakistan. Or if you've made frequent trips to certain middle eastern nations. Or if your name (or your parents) is the same as known terrorists. Or if you have special skills in chemistry, weapons, bombs, etc. If you're an average British born, you likely will not experience delay.

Ahh okay then thanks :) So born in UK, standard British surname, only visited America and Europe I shouldn't have any shady looking history :)

Gotcha. Im not familiar with the I-157, do I fill that in at interview?

Edited by britishspouse

Ahh okay then thanks :) So born in UK, standard British surname, only visited America and Europe I shouldn't have any shady looking history :)

Gotcha. Im not familiar with the I-157, do I fill that in at interview?

No, sorry. That's a K1 form. I think it should all go well for you. Good luck. There's reviews of London interviews and you can pick out the CR1s to read and get an idea of how it goes. In the menu bar "Reviews".

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

No, sorry. That's a K1 form. I think it should all go well for you. Good luck. There's reviews of London interviews and you can pick out the CR1s to read and get an idea of how it goes. In the menu bar "Reviews".

ahh okie doke :)

Yeah ive read some reviews, seems to be pretty straight forward. Now just the task of booking a hotel room in london :P lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.