philhome

permission from biological parent

2 posts in this topic

me and my daughter petition by my husband which s american citizen living in usa now, i am annuled here in the philippines,my daughter s 12 years old, Do i need to ask permission from my x husband that im going to bring my daughter with me in USA even it says on the decision its under exclusive parental authority of me and subject to have visitation rights of my x. And if need permission, we doesn't know him where he is now, he not even appearing and not even support the amount , the court ordered him to support my daughter. Pls help.. need reply..thanks

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

me and my daughter petition by my husband which s american citizen living in usa now, i am annuled here in the philippines,my daughter s 12 years old, Do i need to ask permission from my x husband that im going to bring my daughter with me in USA even it says on the decision its under exclusive parental authority of me and subject to have visitation rights of my x. And if need permission, we doesn't know him where he is now, he not even appearing and not even support the amount , the court ordered him to support my daughter. Pls help.. need reply..thanks

You need to contact the embassy to obtain direct info on this very important subject. My guess you already know the answer or you wouldnt have asked here.

You will be required to submit a notarized affidavit signed by the father. You may also be required to bring him to the embassy to be questioned. Ask the embassy if the have a sample letter for him to sign. You will need two. One in each language.

The embassy will expect & demand that you search for the father. That search should be documented to create a history of exactly what you tried to do to find him. That should include affidavits from his family indicating they dont know where he is.

After you have done a resonable search you can present the info to the embassy. They will review & deny the visa. At that point you can ask them what other course of action you may take to satisfy the requirement. You will be given time to do what they require & return within one year.

The info I gave above is based on recent experiance with the embassy in BKK by people in your exact situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.