Suzy!Q

Question for Juarez People

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My question is: Is the "invitation letter" absolutley necessary for my fiance to take with him to the interview?? Will they not let him in without it?

From what I'm reading here on VJ it looks to me like the entire packet 3 is online already http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/pdfs/pk3iv.pdf

This link seems to explain everything. I know that we need to fill out form DS-260 which we can do online after getting our case numbers, etc from the NVC. Then we need to pay the $350 fee which you also do online. And after that it looks like you can then schedule the interview and medical stuff all online as well.

Am I correct in all this??? Does the invitation letter contain some code or number that we need or not??? Do we really have to wait for his inviation letter to come before we do all of the above mentioned stuff via the internet??

Timeline

My question is: Is the "invitation letter" absolutley necessary for my fiance to take with him to the interview?? Will they not let him in without it?

From what I'm reading here on VJ it looks to me like the entire packet 3 is online already http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/pdfs/pk3iv.pdf

This link seems to explain everything. I know that we need to fill out form DS-260 which we can do online after getting our case numbers, etc from the NVC. Then we need to pay the $350 fee which you also do online. And after that it looks like you can then schedule the interview and medical stuff all online as well.

Am I correct in all this??? Does the invitation letter contain some code or number that we need or not??? Do we really have to wait for his inviation letter to come before we do all of the above mentioned stuff via the internet??

NO SPECIAL CODE NONE AT ALL. I WOULD SUGGEST U CALL THE CONSULATE AND ASK THEM AND SEE IF THEY SENT THAT LETTER OUT TO YOU. I RECEIVED IT TWO WEEKS AFTER I CALLED. MORE THAN LIKELY THE PETITIONER WILL RECEIVE THE LETTER FIRST BEFORE THE BENIFICIARY DOES, LIKE MY FIANCES CASE. MEXICOS MAILING SYSTEM IS SCREWED UP. CALL THE 7034392313 NUMBER AND ASK THEM IF THEY MAILED THEM OUT. IF THEY SAY YES START THE DS 260 FIRST. PAY THE FEE. YOU WILL NEED THE CONF # FROM THE DS 260 AND MRV FEE CONF # BEFORE U START SCHEDULING

Edited by edgarmanzo0916

Timeline

YES YOU NEED IT FOR HIS MEDICAL. NO SPECIAL CODE NONE AT ALL. I WOULD SUGGEST U CALL THE CONSULATE AND ASK THEM AND SEE IF THEY SENT THAT LETTER OUT TO YOU. I RECEIVED IT TWO WEEKS AFTER I CALLED. MORE THAN LIKELY THE PETITIONER WILL RECEIVE THE LETTER FIRST BEFORE THE BENIFICIARY DOES, LIKE MY FIANCES CASE. MEXICOS MAILING SYSTEM IS SCREWED UP. CALL THE 7034392313 NUMBER AND ASK THEM IF THEY MAILED THEM OUT. IF THEY SAY YES START THE DS 260 FIRST. PAY THE FEE. YOU WILL NEED THE CONF # FROM THE DS 260 AND MRV FEE CONF # BEFORE U START SCHEDULING

BTW MAKE SURE U CALL THE NVC AND ASK FOR YOUR PETITIONER ID AND BENEFICIARY ID YOU WILL NEED THOSE TO START THE DS260. IN ADDITION, U WILL ONLY SCHEDULE UR ASC APPOINTMENT AND CONSULATE INTERVIEW. MEDICAL HAS TO BE DONE BEFORE (EX. 7/5 MEDICAL, 7/6 ASC, 7/7 CONSULATE.

Edited by edgarmanzo0916

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, it is. From what I understand, you now need it for the bio appointment, medical, and interview. People that have gone through recently can correct me if I am wrong on that.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

it says in the instructions for what you need to do for the medical and for the interview that the invitation letter is needed for them to let you in. We recieved ours in the U.S... the one they sent to us in Mexico has not reached us and I'm betting will show up some day probably once we're already in the U.S. lol

I have read that sometimes people can get it printed out at the information window at the consulate, but then I read that sometimes they won't print it out. It's better to wait for it... You can still fill out all the forms and pay the fee while you're waiting (the fee payment is good for 1 year). You can even schedule the appointment.. just make sure to give yourself time for the invitation letter to show up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.