EHJ

Have you ever claimed to be a US citizen

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

:whistle:

I would be surprised if anyone ever looks at the mortgage papers once they are signed.

Could have also said:

"I would be surprised if anyone ever looks at the mortgage papers BEFORE they are signed."

One of the key reasons given for our recent financial crash.

Filed: Timeline

Alright... so I made a stupid choice 5 years ago. I came here to get some advice on how to remedy my situation. I didn't kill/hurt anyone nor did I gain any benefit from my screw up. Now I received some good advice from some people, which I am grateful for. What I really don't need is people telling me that I am somehow co-responsible for Wall Street not having their act together, considering I didn't default on my mortgage. I gained zero from the bank erroneously reporting me as a citizen. And yes - it was my fault for not checking. The gist I got from all this, was to lawyer up. Which is in progress.

Should I still have my bank change it? Can't hurt can it? Or just let it go? Or say screw it and just extend my GC every ten years? :(

I could seriously kick myself...

Edit: the best part is - there was no reason for the guy to check 'US citizen' in the first place - mortgage plan was just fine for LPR's...

I don't really think they, USCIS have any access to the mortgage information. The only problem would be if you have applied for a government job and you claimed to be a citizen, you have applied for a DL or have registered to vote or something government related that you would be able to check. I don't think they will call the local restaurant and ask if you claimed to be a citizen when applying for that waiter job, for example....

Alright... and here's the breaking news: and feel free to call me a complete and utter tool and I probably deserve to get called some names. I went to my bank to get a copy of my application.... and it stars: 'Are you a US citizen': 'no'. 'Are you a permanent resident alien': yes!

My memory did serve me wrong and my American Dream is not over!

Let the name calling commence... I sure deserve it!

Alright... and here's the breaking news: and feel free to call me a complete and utter tool and I probably deserve to get called some names. I went to my bank to get a copy of my application.... and it stars: 'Are you a US citizen': 'no'. 'Are you a permanent resident alien': yes!

My memory did serve me wrong and my American Dream is not over!

Let the name calling commence... I sure deserve it!

The process works. Yeah! You have to watch out for those ambulance chasers, and free advice. :rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Alright... so I made a stupid choice 5 years ago. I came here to get some advice on how to remedy my situation. I didn't kill/hurt anyone nor did I gain any benefit from my screw up. Now I received some good advice from some people, which I am grateful for. What I really don't need is people telling me that I am somehow co-responsible for Wall Street not having their act together, considering I didn't default on my mortgage. I gained zero from the bank erroneously reporting me as a citizen. And yes - it was my fault for not checking. The gist I got from all this, was to lawyer up. Which is in progress.

I apologize, my intention was more to counter Some Old Guys statement about reading mortgage papers. But weren't you given a copy of your mortgage papers? Should have that, also a good form of evidence for your interview since it was jointly signed.

Guess, all is well that ends well.

Have to admit for skipping over all that fine print when downloading a free program off the net, just click on I accept, but far more critical when signing my life away. Also stated when I married my first wife, if they including all the conditions of divorce in that marriage ceremony, would have never married her.

I did carefully read the Microsoft licensing agreement for Windows since I paid for that. See that when Gates puts down, "My Computer", he means your computer is his computer, not yours.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.