ewdd

Proof of having met

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

When we are providing proof that we have met within the past 2 years do we provide photocopies or originals...we have boarding passes, pictures, letters to each other with envelopes, receipts of packages sent, letters from family....please let me know what the best practice is

When we are providing proof that we have met within the past 2 years do we provide photocopies or originals...we have boarding passes, pictures, letters to each other with envelopes, receipts of packages sent, letters from family....please let me know what the best practice is

Copies or original are fine. But from what ALL Canadians on here say, as well as my experience at Montreal COnsulate for my K1. They don't ask for ANY support, good to have if they do, but they don't.

My whole interview entailed one question, how did you meet?

The evidence i had was photocopies of e-tickets, 8 pics, last few months of Bell Telephone bills that showed our number going back and forth a few times a day

thanks - but did you mail in any of this evidence when your fiance sent in the k-1 visa petition?

Yes we sent in a few photos as well as the airline info with the petition. When i went for the interview and saw my file in front of the lady i saw all the flight info in the back of the file. So i gather since they already have it they dont really want further copies.

Even for the 156, 156K, all those other forms you need to sent to the consulate after receiving packet 3.. they say to bring a couple copies of each to the interview.. but they only made my sign the original ones i had sent to them the pervious month

It might be easier to help if you could clarify what stage of the process you're at. Are you about to submit the initial petition and asking for that stage? Or have you gone through USCIS already and are asking about Montreal specifically?

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Photocopies should be fine at that stage, it's all we submitted. (Photocopies of our bank statements from using our cards in each other's hometowns, photocopy of the time his car broke down here and he ahd to get it serviced and some pictures)

I don't know specifically about boarding passes, so hopefully someone else who submitted that type of evidence can weigh in. :)

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent in photocopies of boarding passes and I was fine. I also included four photos of us together and some Western union receipts (sometimes we'd send each other money when we needed it.) Err, I sent in some other things too but I forget what.

I wanted to keep the originals for the interview, just in case. :yes:

Edited by pocheros

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Submit copies only - this goes for every single document you will ever send them (evidence, birth certs etc...)- you bring your originals with you to the interview and they may or may not ask to see all originals.

For my K1 evidence - we included:

- plane ticket stubs

- receipts showing our credit card/debit cards used in each other's hometown

- copies of envelopes from letters to each other

- a few pictures

* otehr stuff that I have totally forgotten 5 yrs later :)

We did not send any personal letters or chat logs since we felt the content was private and did not prove anything anyway. That kind of thing can be faked and pictures can be photo-shopped so they're not great evidence. Canadians appear to have an easier time providing evidence of meeting fir K1s then other countries do. Travelling between Canada and the US is so common for many of us and we don;t need VISA's or passport stamps.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.