brahiim

Preparation for the consulat interview

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When you go to the interview, realize that the person you are talking to automatically thinks you are a fraud. You have to show them you are not a fraud. Be honest, tell ABSOLUTELY NO LIES or half truths. Look them in the eye. Be friendly with them and try to talk in a calm manner, as if you were speaking to a friend in a cafe. This helps with nervousness. Don't fidget with your hands, or touch your face and hair too much. Be as relaxed as possible.

It's possible they might ask you questions to try to confuse you. Don't be afraid to ask them to repeat a question, or speak slower. Be firm and self assured, yet remain humble.

You're about to be interviewed at a consulate that is notorious for being one of the most difficult consulates in the world. Be as prepared as possible. I wish you luck.

Edited by squeaky580

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for your post. My finace and I k1 visa is 10 days away. He ask me what to expect but I really dont know.

For a K1 visa, I'd suggest you do as I said in the above post, in addition to knowing everything there is to know about your fiance. EVERYTHING.

Filed: Timeline

Be prepared for anything as Squeaky said. My fiance at the time was asked very very very personal question. My fiance was caught off guard by the question, and the CO said well I am going to call your fiance and ask her that question and guess what the CO called me at work. We never talked about this question together because it was so personal, luckily we both answered the question honest and all the other questions he asked me about our relationship. It's rare from reading here that the U.S. Citizen gets a call to be interviewed and I felt so lucky to have been one as I truly believe proved our case stronger.

Ohhh they even knew of his past conversations online with other girls as well...... The CO asked me did you know about these other girls LOL...gosh they knew so much about my fiance at the time.

Be preparedddddddddddd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for letting me know they do ask personal questions that make people feel uncomfortable. Right now Im worried about how much money I make. I asked Casa and they told me It didnt matter for the I134 and that i didnt need a co signer but i keep reading other things. Its because I have been working for non profits for the past 3 years in Morocco. One of the years so I could stay closer to finace during the processes. We will see what happens. He would like to know what the interview is set up like or if you know of another thread that would be great? You go in sit down tell they call your name. Then go into a room for 20 minutes and answer questions? I think Im more nervous then him right now. I have grad school plans in the fall and it will be difficult if we would have to start all over again. But like he keeps tell me. We will know in 10 days and I shouldn't get all worked about about it right now. Its just hard when you want to make plans.

Filed: Timeline

The interview is set up like this: Arrive at the Embassy, he will give them the appointment letter, he will walk in and pay the fees and give all the filled out forms to a lady usually, she will tell you if anything is needed (as for us automatically she said without looking at our I864 and proof of assets etc) that we needed a co-sponsor as we did not need one. Anyway, she had him call me LOL and let him go get his cell phone from the guard, I had to explain to him we have all the tax proof she needed but she still did not agree with what we had. So she told him to go sit down and wait for them to call him. There are no rooms, he will interview right there in front of all standing in front of a glass window. You can hear those being denied and those being approved at you sit there he said. Anyway, after a short call from the CO who also interview me over the phone, looked at my I864 we used and said he was approved and gave my fiance the good news that day. So in other words that lady didn't have a clue as to what she was doing and just wanted to cause an issue and make him nervous for his interview.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks You so much for this informations ! :) so I can stay in Morocco for 5 months to be ready to start a new life in the USA !

I tried to download the "Embassy/Consulate-Specific Interview Guidelines" Version for Casablanca But i couldn't get it ! Can anyone download it and send it to me "Lah ir7em Biha lwalidiin" My interview is to close and i need to prepare for it :)

D3iiw m3aya =)

Edited by brahiim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.