Mo-Ade

Quick NVC question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just called NVC and the lady told me they just received my file on 06/09/2011 however it has not been issued a case number yet and I should call back in 4-6 weeks. Being a vj reader I know I can call back on Monday and get a case number.

However I was wondering if I called back later on today would a case number be assigned to my case or does the lady have no idea what she is talking about.

Thanks

Mo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Call once a day and listen to the automated system--it will typically take 10 days or so form the time they receive your package. Once you get it from the automated system, then call and talk to a human--give them you and your spouse's email addresses and your phone number, and they will give you your IIN number, and you can jump start the whole process.

Timeline

I misspoke--it is typically 10 days or so from the time your i-130 was approved--not 10 days from the time MVC gets your package, so if they have it already, your case number is just around the corner.

Timeline

Call every day--week ends too--I don't know if they process things on the week end, but it always made me feel good to "be in touch" every day, and when I got the good news, I danced around the room. There is so much down time waiting for things to be processed, that taking an affirmative action helped me a lot.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey I had another question I wanted to file an expedite request because I am pregnant due in August and I wanted my hubby to be here for the delivery. I was wondering when I should email NVC..

Will it be when I am emailing them the Choice of Agent or after I have sent the AOS? Also would I need to get a doctor not to send to them as all to verify or validate the pregnancy.

Thanks for the help

Mo

Timeline

Pregnancy is generally not accepted as grounds for an expedite unless there are serious complications--give it a try, but be ready to be disappointed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.