4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey! This is my first time on this forum (coming from the K1 successfully! :luv: ). And I have a couple--probably really silly easy to answer questions about these next step forms: :help:

On the "Petition for Alien Relative": question 17--List husband/wife and all children of your relative. I think that means anyone besides me; Keith thinks that I should write myself again. Which??? Then question 21--If filing for your husband/wife, give last address at which you lived together. On paper we've only just started living together since we've gotten to the states. Do I just put that address down?

OK, now the I-864: On Part 4 B--SPONSOR'S HOUSEHOLD SIZE 1. Number of persons (related to you by birth, marriage, or adoption) living in your residence, including yourself... Keith and I are currently living with my Mom and Stepdad (I just got a job and so we are trying to find an apartment, but it's not looking good at the moment). Do I list my Mom and Stepdad? My inclination is no, because I am living in THEIR household, and I don't want the people looking at the form to think I have to support Keith AND 2 other people... :huh:

OH! And Keith has some questions too!

So to begin... Your Alien Registration Number is the number that begins with A on your visa right? For example, A987432

On Form 1-485 it asks for "Place of Last Entry into the United States". Is this your Point of Entry into the country? I.e. I came in this time at chicago and my status would be K1 Visa holder?

Also what is the Nonimmigrant visa number? Is this your A#? If not where is it to be found?

Thanks for all your help :luv:

Ireland-National-Flag.gif photo-15058.jpg United-States-of-America.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Hey! This is my first time on this forum (coming from the K1 successfully! :luv: ). And I have a couple--probably really silly easy to answer questions about these next step forms: :help:

On the "Petition for Alien Relative": question 17--List husband/wife and all children of your relative. I think that means anyone besides me; Keith thinks that I should write myself again. Which??? Then question 21--If filing for your husband/wife, give last address at which you lived together. On paper we've only just started living together since we've gotten to the states. Do I just put that address down?

OK, now the I-864: On Part 4 B--SPONSOR'S HOUSEHOLD SIZE 1. Number of persons (related to you by birth, marriage, or adoption) living in your residence, including yourself... Keith and I are currently living with my Mom and Stepdad (I just got a job and so we are trying to find an apartment, but it's not looking good at the moment). Do I list my Mom and Stepdad? My inclination is no, because I am living in THEIR household, and I don't want the people looking at the form to think I have to support Keith AND 2 other people... :huh:

OH! And Keith has some questions too!

So to begin... Your Alien Registration Number is the number that begins with A on your visa right? For example, A987432

On Form 1-485 it asks for "Place of Last Entry into the United States". Is this your Point of Entry into the country? I.e. I came in this time at chicago and my status would be K1 Visa holder?

Also what is the Nonimmigrant visa number? Is this your A#? If not where is it to be found?

Thanks for all your help :luv:

I think the guides may be a good visual aid to help answer most of your questions.

For the I-130 petition on behalf of the alien relative, husband/wife of the alien relative would be you. So I did list myself when we filled out the I-130 for my foreign spouse.

I listed our current address as the last address living together

I-864: I think your inclination is correct. Just list yourself.

Keith's questions:

I left A# blank.

Point of Entry - wherever you were last examined by customs. So Chicago sounds right. You are currently AOS pending.

9/2/06 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 to Chicago lockbox (via USPS Express Mail)

9/11/06 - ND for I-485, I-765 and I-131

9/13/06 - Checks cashed

9/14/06 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765 and I-131

DISCLAIMER: I am an attorney, although *NOT* an immigration law attorney. Any statement I make is merely layperson's opinion that I have attained through my personal experience with immigration proceedings. My statements do not reflect legal advice, opinion, or conclusion, and they do not form an attorney-client relationship.

Just list down the address where you guys are living in at present. Place of last entry - yeah that's where your were last examined by Customs. Status as K1 visa holder is correct too.

The Non-Immigrant visa number is the red number on the right lower corner of your visa... It's different from the A#. A# is under the annotation & the sponsor's name. Yes it is the number that begins with A.

Check this link out:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-485.pdf

Hope this helps! :D

Edited by fussycathy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.