I & S

Denied to Approved process – NOA2

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

First, I wanted to say, this site is great and very informative – thanks to all that report their experiences.

I filed my K-1 on Nov 08 of last year, but forgot to include some of the evidence so I sent the information certified with a cover letter to amend the return but it never got to my original application. I contacted my Senator, and they put a request in as I had just passed the 5 months but to no avail; my application was reviewed due to the request but it was denied, but if the amended return had gotten to my original I’m sure it would have been approved. I recommend contacting your senator, it does help the process.

I filed I-290B to reopen my case on 4.20.11 and mentioned my amended return never got to my original application. I rec’d a confirmation on 6.01.11, that they reopened my case and is under review. Two days later, my I-129F was approved. If anyone here gets denied, file I-290B as it takes less time to get approved as long as you provide the necessary docs rather than filing the I-129F all over again.

I hope this helps others. All the best to all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Thanks for your information. But what about for the petition that the USCIS let to expire when the Embassies turn it for further review? Do you think the expiration date will be extended if I-290B filed?

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

I was wondering why they did not send an RFE, because you forgot to send further evidence. I am kind of in the same boat. My application was sent back, because I forgot to check yes or no on section C question 3. They approved it and it got sent back to VSC by the NVC. It is has been over a month now and no RFE or any updates on the application. My attorney says to send certified letter also with a copy of the orginal application with the box checked with a letter explaining it. I would really think they would have done all the back ground checks the first time. I am worried that the letter will not get to my orginal application also. I am worried that since no effort is being made to fix the application that they may deny it with out making any effort to fix the issue. I would hate to have it denied like what happened to you. I just dont know what to do but keep waiting and calling my congressional office.

Does anyone have any advice also in what I should be doing.

Timeline

Thanks for your information. But what about for the petition that the USCIS let to expire when the Embassies turn it for further review? Do you think the expiration date will be extended if I-290B filed?

The NOA2 effective date is the approval date - in my case, my NOA2 mentions that its valid from 6.3.11 to 10.03.11. I hope this helps.

Timeline

I was wondering why they did not send an RFE, because you forgot to send further evidence. I am kind of in the same boat. My application was sent back, because I forgot to check yes or no on section C question 3. They approved it and it got sent back to VSC by the NVC. It is has been over a month now and no RFE or any updates on the application. My attorney says to send certified letter also with a copy of the orginal application with the box checked with a letter explaining it. I would really think they would have done all the back ground checks the first time. I am worried that the letter will not get to my orginal application also. I am worried that since no effort is being made to fix the application that they may deny it with out making any effort to fix the issue. I would hate to have it denied like what happened to you. I just dont know what to do but keep waiting and calling my congressional office.

Does anyone have any advice also in what I should be doing.

I would say to continue to contact your Senator and speak to there immigration expert. Communicate with them every other day until you get an answer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.