Kevin and

My Journey might be over

137 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Tuyen never planned on coming back. I checked her belongings and she took all her jewelry and nail polishes with her for a "2 week" stay at her brother's. She hasn't told me directly what she plans on doing. She is ignoring me since she went to OC. But I have a pretty good idea. Since coming back from VN she distanced herself from me and my family. She bought new luggage when she got back from VN, but didn't have a trip planned. He's going down there this weekend to check things out. I told him that if she want a divorce she needs to talk to me directly over the phone or in person. Looks like my journey is now over.

I'm shocked to hear this Kevin.

I have experience in Vietnamese divorces, if it comes to that. I should have mine finalized in a few months...so I can do it again!

There's plenty of good women in Vietnam.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm shocked to hear this Kevin.

I have experience in Vietnamese divorces, if it comes to that. I should have mine finalized in a few months...so I can do it again!

There's plenty of good women in Vietnam.

:wacko::lol:

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

-1.. bad decision... too many people do this and end up in a legal jam as a result... just box up what is left... let her bro know it is boxed and after a few months of it sitting boxed.. call goodwill... document each step of that...

Haha where I live if you leave something in a box outside your house for 1 day it begins to magically disappear.

I once left a box of old things at the top of my drive near my house and they were gone in 2 days. I guess you could say I skipped goodwill and went straight to the source. (I imagine a homeless person took the items when they were going through my recycling.)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I read this story at the beginning and I said to myself- yeah, she's not going back to Vietnam. Impossible. There is no way in the world a girl from Vietnam is coming to California and saying "I just can't take it...I'm going back to Vietnam". Never, ever, ever happening.

Coming to California and saying "I just can't take it...I'm not going back to a Minnesota hick town", well that's another story altogether. Yes, it sucks because you've been used. But that is the case. You've been used...period. Most Vietnamese women will not do this to a good man, but the fact is there are thousands who will. Mission number 1 is to get out of Vietnam. Remember that. Make no false pretenses. But once they arrive no way in fricken hell are they moving back.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Timeline

My wife read this thread and agrees. No way will she go back. It is what it is. She is here to stay. I'm willing to bet the majority of Viet girls who end up in small town USA leave their husbands to get to CA or NY or at least a large city. it is way too boring and oppressive for them to be in a small town with no friends, no Vietnamese food, no nothing. Even girls who truly love their husband find it terribly difficult.

Heck, Anh told me flat out, we move, or we're done. She could not take small town living.

We moved. And she was right. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Coming to California and saying "I just can't take it...I'm not going back to a Minnesota hick town", well that's another story altogether. Yes, it sucks because you've been used. But that is the case. You've been used...period. Most Vietnamese women will not do this to a good man, but the fact is there are thousands who will. Mission number 1 is to get out of Vietnam. Remember that. Make no false pretenses. But once they arrive no way in fricken hell are they moving back.

i would agree with this. family spend 30-40k arrange fake marriages for their girl/daughter with the goal of getting to america. most girls that are here already i find it really hard to believe they'd go back...no matter how bad it gets.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Quann, what is the meaning behind your attachment?

dai gia--big shot, viet kieu, rich guys

kieu nu--pretty girls...

the photo is of a popular viet-drama that was produced a few years back...caricaturizing the lifestyle and relationship of the 2 classes of people.

Edited by quann

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

dai gia--big shot, viet kieu, rich guys

kieu nu--pretty girls...

the photo is of a popular viet-drama that was produced a few years back...caricaturizing the lifestyle and relationship of the 2 classes of people.

Thanks...will have to look for that.

Timeline

Small town living would be incredibly boring for anyone with a pulse. It's a place you go to die, not a place you go to live. Honestly I can't blame her for wanting to leave. Did you at least talk about moving somewhere better? If I had to live in VN to be with my wife, I would not want to live in a VN hick down somewhere between their only two major cities...but I could stand living in or near HCM city. It's a big difference. Most people, even other americans, want to LEAVE small towns and not try to go back to them.

Timeline

Small town living would be incredibly boring for anyone with a pulse. It's a place you go to die, not a place you go to live. Honestly I can't blame her for wanting to leave. Did you at least talk about moving somewhere better? If I had to live in VN to be with my wife, I would not want to live in a VN hick down somewhere between their only two major cities...but I could stand living in or near HCM city. It's a big difference. Most people, even other americans, want to LEAVE small towns and not try to go back to them.

A LOT of people leave small towns out of necessity, not because they want to. She knew where she was moving to, or certainly had plenty of time to research it.

Ever hear the phrase "...for better or for worse"?

Timeline

A LOT of people leave small towns out of necessity, not because they want to. She knew where she was moving to, or certainly had plenty of time to research it.

Ever hear the phrase "...for better or for worse"?

I was thinking the same thing. I was reading his timeline- my God. Their saga went on for 4 years. The 2 years that my wife and I went through nearly killed us so I can only imagine what this was like. We had a blue slip holding us up for just 30 days and it was ripping at us.

You're telling me she is strong enough to go through 4 years of that because she is so in love, but just can't take living in a small town for even 1 year? Come on.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.