GrayL

Affidavit Co Sponsor Bank Statement

6 posts in this topic

Hi Visa Journey,

Wow so many little questions.. I'm hoping someone can answer!!

My US Fiancee is currently organising the I-134 Affidavit forms for her and her co sponsor (she does not meet the requirements on her own).

I have some questions regarding evidence + family unit definition:

1. The Co Sponsor keeps records of all of his pay stubs, does he still need to get a Statement From the Bank Officer, or both??

2. Regarding the Statement from the Bank Officer, is this something he can just go to the bank and get, or maybe make an appointment? Is this a quick and easy thing to obtain process? What exactly is he asking for when he goes to the bank??

3. What history does he need for pay stubs and statement, just the last year?

4. What is a family unit. The Co Sponsor has two children, but they are all over 21 with kids of their own, so are not at all dependent on him. He lives with his Wife (My fiancee's mom), who is NOT Dependant on him financially), do this mean the family unit is 1? I am guessing the family unit is the co sponsor plus Dependants?

5. Is there any other evidence the co sponsor needs other than the I-134, Bank Statement and/or Stubs and the Employer letter?

So yes, if anyone can answer these questions, that would be great. I have read through the I-134 instructions, but they still seem a little confusing!

We're trying to do as much of the leg work for the co sponsor as possible, so we can instruct him exactly what he needs.

I'm also aware he needs a letter from his employer, that is not a problem.

Thank you all so much in advance,

GrayL :dance: :dance:

Edited by GrayL

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Hi Visa Journey,

Wow so many little questions.. I'm hoping someone can answer!!

My US Fiancee is currently organising the I-134 Affidavit forms for her and her co sponsor (she does not meet the requirements on her own).

I have some questions regarding evidence + family unit definition:

1. The Co Sponsor keeps records of all of his pay stubs, does he still need to get a Statement From the Bank Officer, or both??

No - bank statements, stocks/bonds, other assets are not needed (can be left blank on the form) if/when not using them to make up any shortfall in income.

2. Regarding the Statement from the Bank Officer, is this something he can just go to the bank and get, or maybe make an appointment? Is this a quick and easy thing to obtain process? What exactly is he asking for when he goes to the bank??

See above #1

3. What history does he need for pay stubs and statement, just the last year?

Assuming the sponsor/co-sponsor is working at the same job all of this year, technically only the latest stub would be needed since it shows current and YTD earnings.

4. What is a family unit. The Co Sponsor has two children, but they are all over 21 with kids of their own, so are not at all dependent on him. He lives with his Wife (My fiancee's mom), who is NOT Dependant on him financially), do this mean the family unit is 1? I am guessing the family unit is the co sponsor plus Dependants?

For specifics - see How to Count Household size on the instructions pages of the form I-864. Based on what you've written however - household size would be 3 (Him/wife and your fiance.)

5. Is there any other evidence the co sponsor needs other than the I-134, Bank Statement and/or Stubs and the Employer letter?

Supporting documents for most folks include: Pay stub(s), previous years tax return and supporting documents such as W-2's etc, plus any supporting documents for any asset being used (if none are being used, then none is needed) - plus proof of citizenship or LPR status.

Hi Otto,

Thanks so much for the insight.. so the co sponsor (who I've been told earns over $40k in his state job) will just need a letter from the employer and his most recent pay stub, and he will also need the Tax return from last year? Or was it pay stubs OR the tax return?

And does he not need to include his household assets at all on the affidavit? Just leave it blank? He owns his own home and a car and a motorbike, should he list these as well or does it not matter?

Also my fiancee's mom also is able to do an affidavit, is there any benefit at all in getting her to do one also? We just want to show the consulate when I have my interview that there are many people willing to help me out should I need it, and not become a charge??

My fiancee is not currently working so she does not meet the requirements.. she is however living off of 5 years of savings and has never claimed welfare or anything like that and is planning on going back to work as soon as I get my butt over there!

Thanks so much. :dance: :dance:

GrayL

Edited by GrayL

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Otto,

Thanks so much for the insight.. so the co sponsor (who I've been told earns over $40k in his state job) will just need a letter from the employer and his most recent pay stub, and he will also need the Tax return from last year? Or was it pay stubs OR the tax return?

And does he not need to include his household assets at all on the affidavit? Just leave it blank? He owns his own home and a car and a motorbike, should he list these as well or does it not matter?

Also my fiancee's mom also is able to do an affidavit, is there any benefit at all in getting her to do one also? We just want to show the consulate when I have my interview that there are many people willing to help me out should I need it, and not become a charge??

My fiancee is not currently working so she does not meet the requirements.. she is however living off of 5 years of savings and has never claimed welfare or anything like that and is planning on going back to work as soon as I get my butt over there!

Thanks so much. :dance: :dance:

GrayL

With the 134 all he needs to provide is a letter from his employer stating his yearly earnings and how long he has worked there on business letter head . 6 pay stubs recent and no tax return as this is only needed for AOS. US consulate in Sydney just need to be shown current employment . I think you will find they will need a letter from the bank as a sponsor needs that for beneficiary when doing 134. He can just go to the bank ad ask them to print out a statement of account when it was opened and balance that's it. You don't want to get an RFE or get to interview and then they say they don't have it.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Hi Barbara,

Thanks so much for this insight and thank you so much...

I'll pass this information on, it certainly makes sense, fingers crossed we don't get an RFE!

Thanks again, always appreciated.

Take care, GrayL

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

Hi Barbara/VJ,

I actually had two more questions, hopefully I can bug you again!

1. If the co-sponsor's salary far exceeds the 125% mark, are we required to fill in the parts about real estate and stock bonds, personal property etc, or is this left blank? Our Co-Sponsor definitely does have all of this, however I think I was told that it wasn't required? Would it look bad if he leaves it blank, even though he does own real estate? I was going to ask him to do it, but then will the consulate ask for 'proof' (house evaluations etc.), that would probably delay this process? If we don't need to fill it in is it better to leave it blank or write N/A or something?

2. I understand the letter from our co sponsor's employer and the bank statement should probably be original, but is it okay to submit copies of pay stubs? I'm not quite sure if he would be happy to part with the originals?

Thank you so much, hopefully that is all we need answering for this bit!!

GrayL

Edited by GrayL

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.