CarolinaandNick

Unauthorized work with tourist visa

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

We have a question about our upcoming visa interview. When my fiancee was here in 2009, she was on a tourist visa. She was able to get a job and she worked there for 2-3 weeks on the books. She left before the visa was up and she did not overstay.

She listed the employment on her G325-A form because we thought it was better not to lie/omit any info. The K-1 visa has been approved, we just have the interview.

What are the chances that she will be denied a K-1 visa for this unauthorized work? Will it be forgiven as long as she is honest about it? As soon as she gets here we will be filing her back taxes and taking care of that aspect.

The interview is with the Chilean Embassy.

Thanks for any replies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

We have a question about our upcoming visa interview. When my fiancee was here in 2009, she was on a tourist visa. She was able to get a job and she worked there for 2-3 weeks on the books. She left before the visa was up and she did not overstay.

She listed the employment on her G325-A form because we thought it was better not to lie/omit any info. The K-1 visa has been approved, we just have the interview.

What are the chances that she will be denied a K-1 visa for this unauthorized work? Will it be forgiven as long as she is honest about it? As soon as she gets here we will be filing her back taxes and taking care of that aspect.

The interview is with the Chilean Embassy.

Thanks for any replies.

I don't think that would be an issue if USCIS already approved your petition in acknowledge of this information, but if you want to be absolutely sure you can always contact the Santiago Embassy Santiagoimmigration@state.gov they are really nice and quick to answer your question :thumbs:

Carolina told me that you are coming to Chile for her interview so that could help a lot in your case and as you said, saying the truth is always the best option. :D

God bless you

Patty

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi Patty:

Thanks for your help :D I hope everything goes well. I pray God for that.

Do you know if I have to send the ds-230 form before the interview or I have to bring it with me to the embassy? I wrote the embassy and they told me I can do both. What did you do?

Carolina.

I don't think that would be an issue if USCIS already approved your petition in acknowledge of this information, but if you want to be absolutely sure you can always contact the Santiago Embassy Santiagoimmigration@state.gov they are really nice and quick to answer your question :thumbs:

Carolina told me that you are coming to Chile for her interview so that could help a lot in your case and as you said, saying the truth is always the best option. :D

God bless you

Patty

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi Patty:

Thanks for your help :D I hope everything goes well. I pray God for that.

Do you know if I have to send the ds-230 form before the interview or I have to bring it with me to the embassy? I wrote the embassy and they told me I can do both. What did you do?

Carolina.

I sent it back because that was what the letter they sent to me said but I heard that now they let you take the forms with you the day of the interview, I sent the forms back the next day that i got them and then, for the interview, I took the i-134 and the backup documents, medical results, and more proof of our relationship (they didn't ask me for this) so you can do whatever you want, but in my opinion its better if you send them before the interview, so they can check your case in advance. Oh and don't forget that your fiance's signature on the I-134 must be notarized!

God bless you

Patty

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.