siebu09

NVC CHECKS

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know background checks are done as soon as your petion is filed and based on the results it is then approved, however is there another check done when your case is sent to the nvc for further process and what kind of checks are they doing. Second question when you have sent in all the required documents to the nvc and there is no rfe and a interview date is given is there another check been done at the consule or embassy i am just a little curious on how these indiviual agencies work thanks for your input ahead of time.......

I'm pretty sure at the embassy that at least check for prior filing or interview for visitor visa. I've read that the NVC only processes the documents as in..make sure you at least submitted what was required. At the embassy is where they will actually review the documents.

Are you wondering of anything specific?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No Just wanted to get a better understanding of what really happens, i have been searching on the web an have read alot of different things on what the NVC reaaly does and thought i would just ask my fellow vj users but thanks for your replies...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

For all intents NVC just collects the $$ and the information, and only contacts you if something is missing--the consulate does the real analysis.

USCIS checks the petitioner and all of the petitioner documents for legalities.

NVC checks the Beneficiary and all documents for legalities for those going thru AOS only i.e finance documents

The embassy does a check within the country on the Beneficiary and all documents for legalities... i.e PC reports, prior marriages, etc and name check

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Go to the NVC website and read what they do--collect information and $$ is pretty much it.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1309.html#nvc

Edited by magical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.