elingeniero

Rescheduling interview (Guangzhou)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It's my understanding that accompanying my fiance to Guangzhou for her visa interview would make the chance of pink more likely.

Only thing is, if I fly over on short notice the price of a ticket might be very high. So bing able to postpone the interview to a time 6 or 7 weeks out rather than 3 or 4 weeks out would save a few hundred, and we'd be fine with waiting an extra month.

But over on 001, they are telling her if we try to postpone, we'd end up waiting 2 or 3 months, and my fiance and I would not want to wait so long.

The 001 girls have been wrong before, so I'm hoping they are wrong again ... can we get the interview postponed just 2 or 3 weeks?

You can ask for a postponement of the interview--unfortunately, you don't have a say on the timeframe.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

eh - the 001 harpies are right, on this one thing -

as

there's a scheduling cycle, at least twice a month, for '30 days out'

might be 1.5 months, might be 2 months.

it will not be at yer convenience, alas.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Do not reschedule the interview only because of high flights price. Also just like you said, your show-up (waiting outside of the consulate) may or may not help. If you want to be with her, just come regardless of the cost. If you have to, then take Darnell's words.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I don't believe it will make much difference her preparation amount of evidence, photos, full copy of your passport, her English level and all the right documents. Also 3 years of tax returns stuff like that all brought with her. Good luck! Having her know all about your family, you your address everything is what matters. So she can answer any questions they might ask. What's his hobby? Books ok what was the last book he read? Stuff like that. Just FYI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I don't believe it will make much difference her preparation amount of evidence, photos, full copy of your passport, her English level and all the right documents. Also 3 years of tax returns stuff like that all brought with her. Good luck! Having her know all about your family, you your address everything is what matters. So she can answer any questions they might ask. What's his hobby? Books ok what was the last book he read? Stuff like that. Just FYI

I'm curious what information the VO would have about the petitioner other than what was provided ... how can the VO know anything about the family, or the books he reads, or the hobbies he has etc ... perhaps if they ask those types of questions it's just to see how nervous the applicant is ... there would be no way to corroborate the answers - unless it is a dual interview, which GUZ is not.

To the OP, I would agree that the evidence she brings is far more important than having your passport. If you want to have her have your passport and really save money, just send the passport to her via express mail.... 30 bucks in 7 days.

Edited by James_and_JoAnne

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.