inport0

immigration problems

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is a long story so get a coffee.

back in 2002 i married my then girl friend a us citizen by birth. i came in a an I94 visa and overstayed so we called immigration and told them we had got married. the reply i got was did you entey on an I94 tourist visa reply(yes). ok she said file for an I 129F. so we did and we also filed the I130. i was told dont leave the country and you should be ok. well i got a letter saying the I130 would take between 990&999 days to prosses. well the I129F was approved and we called immigration to ask what to do about it. the reply i got was (you need to go the the U.S. Consulate in london) my reply but im in GA.there reply (well dont go then). so thats that down the drain. well while waiting for my I130 we got a letter for a Request for Evidence so we mailed that off to them at the nabraska office.on the day they wanted the evidance we got the letter back in the mail box it was 23 cent short on the postage.so my wife called immigration trying to get an extention on the time frame but she couldnt get a hold of anyone but in the mean time i got a call saying my father was gravley ill.so i talked to my wife and she said you only have one dad go see him. so in 2005 i left the country. and a couple of months later my wife and her 11yr old daughter came over. as my dad was dieing she didnt want me to leave and he die while i was away.in so i flied for there papers in the UK that took 3 weeks. after a few forms and a short flight and stay in New York there papers where approved and she had a sticker in her passport.in jan 2007 i came back to the states to see a few friends for a week and had no problem. then in feb 2008 my wife started to get homesick and returned to the states with her daughter. i stayed in the UK working. and about 3 months later my dad who had been holding his own told me he would be fine and to go back to my wife and family. well after a few conversations and a talk with my boss in the UK he would hold my job open for the 3 months i was here in the states. so i arrived back in june 2008 and was staying with friends when i got a call saying i was unemployed as the company i worked for went bust. so i talked to my wife and said lets get sorted and try to get the papers done here. the problem was at that point she wasnt working and the money i had i used to get a place to live. while my wife found a job. then she ota job and had to catch up with all the bills. then in march 2009 i got a call saying my father had died due to heart problems and with the way the bills where dropping in the mailbox i didnt go to the funeral and my brothers understood and said dont worry dad would understand.( i still miss him to this day) anyway i know it took a long time to get our bills in order but we filed the papers late nov 2010 and in jan 2011 we recived a for saying that my wife hadnt tick the first box on the I130 ie applying for spouse. so we sent it off and on feb 16th 2011 we got a letter saying they had recived the papers.

and today june 2nd 2011 i got an email for a Request for Evidence is been sent in the mail.when we went to an immigration attorny there price started at $5000.00 and by the time i explained to her what had happend over the passed 8yrs the price went to $10.000.00. we have been married for 9 yrs and the wonderful goverment say they want to keep familys together. im so confused as what the hell to do some ppl say theres no problem others say ill get banned for 10 yrs and a good attorny just take the p&^% and give you a phone number as a price. and to top it all off my wife was just layed off from here job and with me been (what can i say )an illegal alian i dont work. and i dont intend to work illegaly but i would like a bloody job please give me advice or am i looking at going back to a country where jobs are hard to get sorry for any spelling misstakes

Edited by inport0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You need help--go immediately to www.immigrate2us.net and please spell out all your entries and overstays more clearly--you will find the help you need over there--not here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.