cris and tina

IS THIS RFE? ..HELPPPPPP

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

..got an email from nvc stating this :

We have reviewed the documents which you submitted in support of an application for an immigrant

visa. Please review the information listed under each applicant's name and provide any documents

which are indicated as missing or need additional information. You must submit the required

information. Failure to provide the requested information will delay your immigrant visa interview.

Please read the enclosed information to determine where to send all required copies of missing

documents. If you have any questions regarding this letter, please call the National Visa Center at (603)

334-0700 between the hours of 7:30am and midnight ET.

Please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence and write your case number clearly (exactly

as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents.

From the date you mail or transmit the requested information, please allow 20 business days for NVC to

review this documentation/your mail. When we complete our review, the NVC will notify

you/petitioner/beneficiary/attorney with information regarding the next processing step.

and this:

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is

required to complete the financial evidence review. The checklist below indicates missing or

incomplete documents. In order to make corrections you will need to download a new form at

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the

changes noted below. Please provide all requested documents and refer to page two for mailing

instructions.

[x] The listed income tax documents/IRS statements for the years marked below are missing/incomplete

(if you have lost any of the requested tax information, contact your local IRS office to obtain a copy)

(Only Federal returns (not state or local) are acceptable unless the sponsor's income was earned in Puerto

Rico.)

• Federal income tax returns, literal printouts from IRS (RTFTP) or a Letter 1722 issued by the IRS are

missing/incomplete for the year(s): [x] 2010 [ ] 2008 [ ] 2007 [ ] 2006.

[x] You have not enclosed an explanation of why you were not required to file income taxes under

Federal tax laws for any/all of the 3 most recent tax years. (Residence outside of the U.S. or retirement

does not exempt a U.S. Citizen or LPR from filing a Federal tax return. Individuals who were required to

file Federal returns but failed to do so are advised to file late returns.)

Part 6 Sponsor's Income and Employment

[x] {Cyrus's income indicated on the I-864 Part 25 does not correspond to that shown on the most recent

tax return and W-2(s).

Checklist for I-864A (filed by )

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is required to

complete the financial evidence review. The checklist below indicates missing or incomplete

documents. In order to make corrections you will need to download a new form at

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes

noted below. Please provide all requested documents and refer to page two for mailing instructions.

Supporting Documents missing or incomplete

[x] You as a household member have not provided proof of your relationship to the sponsor.

[ ] DONOT CHECK THIS LINE OR THE LINES BELOW

[ ] Relation ship determined by household memeber:

[ ] Son or Daughter {BLANK_16}

[ ] Parent

[ ] Brother or Sister {BLANK_18}

[ ] Other dependent (specify).... {BLANK_19}

[ ] DO NOT CHECK THIS LINE OR THE LINES ABOVE

[x] The listed income tax documents/IRS statements for the years marked below are missing/incomplete

(if you have lost any of the requested tax information, contact your local IRS office to obtain a copy)

(Only Federal returns (not state or local) are acceptable unless the sponsor's income was earned in Puerto

Rico.):

• Federal income tax returns, literal printouts from IRS (RTFTP) or a Letter 1722 issued by the IRS are

• W-2 forms are missing/incomplete for the year(s): [ ] 2009 [ ] 2008 [ ] 2007 [ ] 2006.

[ ] DO NOT CHECK THIS LINE

[ ] Information provided for line 11: {BLANK_10}

[ ] DO NOT CHECK THE LINE ABOVE

[x] You have not enclosed an explanation of why you were not required to file income taxes under

Federal tax laws for any/all of the 3 most recent tax years. Residence outside of the U.S. or retirement

does not exempt a U.S. Citizen or LPR from filing a Federal tax return.

..is this the dreaded RFE?....we already send the ds230 then this email came asking for the DS230..i called nvc and automated voice says..we have received the checklist letter response last.....wait for 6-8 weeks for.......

Now i really dont know what to do.....any info and advice would help...

Edited by the journey

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Mar 4, 2011 - hubby got NVC notice

April 3, 2011 - paid AOS online, emailed choice of agent

April 6, 2011 - AOS status PAID - NVC acknowledged choice of agent thru email

April 18 2011- paid IV bill online

May 18, 2011 - Send AOS Package

May 26, 2011 - Send DS230

June 1, 2011 - received email from NVC stating that our AOS lacks something is this RFE?

July 9, 2011 - mailed required docs for RFE

July 21, 2011 - called NVC and AVR said RFE again bt we havent rcvd any mail from them

Jul.21,2011- SIGN IN FAILED

Jul 24,2011-called NVC and AVR stated CASE COMPLETED on Jul 20

Aug.24-25, 2011 - Medical at st.Lukes...PASSED!!!!!!!!!!

SEPT 12, 2011 - INTERVIEW SCHED at US EM MANILA......PASSED

SEPT. 16,2011 - VISA ON HAND

..all my bags are packed im ready to go..yaaaayyyy!!!!!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Not really an RFE, just a notice from the NVC that they are still waiting on the AOS package it appears. Everything listed is related to this. Tax returns, I-864 etc. Did you already send in the AOS package?

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This does appear to be a RFE as they are requesting the checked items that they mentioned. Did you send in your 2010 Federal Income Tax return? What relationship are you to the beneficiary? Did you provide documentation proving the relation to the sponsor?

I guess I am missing something Casprd. In the first lines of the OP's post it states, "provide any documents which are indicated as missing or need additional information".

Isn't that a request for evidence in the form of asking for the missing items?

Edited by John & Mari

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Not really an RFE, just a notice from the NVC that they are still waiting on the AOS package it appears. Everything listed is related to this. Tax returns, I-864 etc. Did you already send in the AOS package?

we already send in the AOS I864 / I864a from my mom as co sponsor....

we already send in the AOS I864 / I864a from my mom as co sponsor....

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

June 1, 2011 - received email from NVC stating that our AOS lacks something is this RFE?

July 21, 2011 - called NVC and AVR said RFE again bt we havent rcvd any mail from them

Timeline

This does appear to be a RFE as they are requesting the checked items that they mentioned. Did you send in your 2010 Federal Income Tax return? What relationship are you to the beneficiary? Did you provide documentation proving the relation to the sponsor?

I guess I am missing something Casprd. In the first lines of the OP's post it states, "provide any documents which are indicated as missing or need additional information".

Isn't that a request for evidence in the form of asking for the missing items?

i think your right,..they are asking for the 2010 income tax then proof of relationship to the joint sponsor which is my mom, so i need to send them back only the lacking documents or the whole I 864 package again?...

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Timeline

DId you fill out an I-864 as well as your mom? If I am not mistaken (and if I am wrong someone please correct this) then you as the primary sponsor completes an I-864 form and the joint sponsor would also complete a form I-864 (unless they are a household member then form I-864A would be used) and supply all the needed documentation.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

i think your right,..they are asking for the 2010 income tax then proof of relationship to the joint sponsor which is my mom, so i need to send them back only the lacking documents or the whole I 864 package again?...

Read the letter that you posted originally. The directions state,"You will need to complete and submit a new form with the

changes noted below". Basically, just give them exactly what they are requesting. You can't go wrong with that. :thumbs:

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Timeline

Read the letter that you posted originally. The directions state,"You will need to complete and submit a new form with the

changes noted below". Basically, just give them exactly what they are requesting. You can't go wrong with that. :thumbs:

i did filled up and submitted I864 then i my mom as co sponsor and we are at the same household she filled up I 864 A..but we failed to submit the 2010 tax return and proof of relationship like my birth certificate...i need to send evrything again..thats okey..

do u have any idea how long will it take for the interview date after i send back all the papers again?...aaggghhh RFE

Thanks a lot...

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Timeline

OK, I have tried to help point out exactly what they are requesting by removing the conditions that were not checked. Just look at each box with a X and make sure you address it. It appears that your mother has to prove that you are her son. This should be accomplished by your long form birth certificate that has her listed as your mother.

Rico.)

Federal tax laws for any/all of the 3 most recent tax years. (Residence outside of the U.S. or retirement

does not exempt a U.S. Citizen or LPR from filing a Federal tax return. Individuals who were required to

file Federal returns but failed to do so are advised to file late returns.)

Part 6 Sponsor's Income and Employment

[x] {Cyrus's income indicated on the I-864 Part 25 does not correspond to that shown on the most recent

tax return and W-2(s).

Checklist for I-864A (filed by )

In order to make corrections you will need to download a new form at

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes

noted below.

Supporting Documents missing or incomplete

[x] You as a household member have not provided proof of your relationship to the sponsor.

Rico.):

• W-2 forms are missing/incomplete for the year(s): [ ] 2009 [ ] 2008 [ ] 2007 [ ] 2006.

Federal tax laws for any/all of the 3 most recent tax years. Residence outside of the U.S. or retirement

does not exempt a U.S. Citizen or LPR from filing a Federal tax return.

I imagine by providing them with the 2010 Tax Returns, you will NOT have to explain why you were not required to file... As you DID file, so that will take care of that requirement.

I hope this helps you and does not confuse you. I thought maybe if you took a different look at it, that this would help. Make sure you go over that email closely and address EVERY ITEM that has an X by it. Print it out and use it like a list and mark through it as you complete each requirement. You will need to download a new form and fill it out just as they requested.

Good Luck and just take your time and complete each requirement.

Edited by John & Mari

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Timeline

i did filled up and submitted I864 then i my mom as co sponsor and we are at the same household she filled up I 864 A..but we failed to submit the 2010 tax return and proof of relationship like my birth certificate...i need to send evrything again..thats okey..

do u have any idea how long will it take for the interview date after i send back all the papers again?...aaggghhh RFE

Thanks a lot...

Good that you have a clear indication of what went wrong :thumbs:

Most of the time it is a 2-3 week delay after they get it. I have seen some longer and some within 2 weeks. However, you now know what to do... Good Luck with the rest of the process. I am glad I helped and didn't confuse the matter any worse.... B-)

YEP Arghhhhh Dreaded RFE... I agree

Edited by John & Mari

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Timeline

Good that you have a clear indication of what went wrong :thumbs:

Most of the time it is a 2-3 week delay after they get it. I have seen some longer and some within 2 weeks. However, you now know what to do... Good Luck with the rest of the process. I am glad I helped and didn't confuse the matter any worse.... B-)

YEP Arghhhhh Dreaded RFE... I agree

thanks a lot....

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.