Udella&Wiz

Blizzcon 2011

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For the World of Warcraft lovers out there - I am so totally excited that my husband and I are going to Blizzcon this year!! Yes - really!!!

We have been talking about it for a couple years - after getting the Direct TV feed the last couple years, it looked like tons of fun so we figured we'd get in queue for tickets. We were to high in the queue the first time, but we got in last Weds and bought tickets.

This will be our first real vacation - no going back home to stay with family - this is just 5 days of fun, just us!

Anaheim in October :dance:

http://us.blizzard.com/blizzcon/en/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlizzCon

ps: please leave in the Canadian forum

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I went last year and we were very disappointed. There were just soooo many people. It was almost claustrophobic, and I don't usually have any issues with that. There weren't enough seats in the main hall where all of the important things happen. You had to stand in line for hours to play the demos. The food was not only extremely expensive but not that great.

However, we did meet some really awesome people and had a great vacation doing other things that we planned for the week we were there. I recommend booking your hotel ASAP, not only do they fill up really quick but they also bump the rates up once they find out that Blizzcon is that week! haha We stayed at The Coast Hotel, really nice room and hotel and got it for a really good price too!

I hope you have a better experience than we did! I have heard though that they sold more tickets this year and didn't increase the size of the facility at all.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

USCIS Journey- 88 days

April 11th, 2011- Mailed I-130 petition

April 14th, 2011- NOA1 text message(Hardcopy 04/19/11)

July 11th, 2011- NOA2 text message and email

NVC Journey- 27 days once Case # received

August 1st, 2011- NVC received file

August 25th, 2011- Received case number, IIN, and Beneficiary ID number from operator, Gave email addresses, Sent in optin email, Submitted DS-261

August 25th, 2011- Optin Acceptance Email received

August 25th, 2011- AOS bill invoiced and paid

September 2nd, 2011- AOS bill appears as PAID, Emailed I-864 package

September 2nd, 2011- IV bill invoiced and paid

September 13th, 2011- IV bill appears as PAID, Submitted DS-260 and emailed DS-260 supporting documents

September 13th, 2011- Received a bogus RFE that was false but resubmitted requested documents that were already there anyways

September 21st, 2011- Case Complete!

November 2nd, 2011- Medical in Vancouver

November 7th, 2011- INTERVIEW in Montreal!!! APPROVED!!! :)

November 24th, 2011- POE- Undecided yet! :)

Timeline

My husband and I went last year and we were very disappointed. There were just soooo many people. It was almost claustrophobic, and I don't usually have any issues with that. There weren't enough seats in the main hall where all of the important things happen. You had to stand in line for hours to play the demos. The food was not only extremely expensive but not that great.

However, we did meet some really awesome people and had a great vacation doing other things that we planned for the week we were there. I recommend booking your hotel ASAP, not only do they fill up really quick but they also bump the rates up once they find out that Blizzcon is that week! haha We stayed at The Coast Hotel, really nice room and hotel and got it for a really good price too!

I hope you have a better experience than we did! I have heard though that they sold more tickets this year and didn't increase the size of the facility at all.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

We probably won't play any demos ( not sure I'm ready for the big stage when it comes to my game skillz - lol) but yes I heard there are just a ton of people. We're arriving a couple days before and staying at the Hilton (seems somehow snotty since were at a Blizzcon) right across from the convention centre so we're hoping that we'll just eat at the hotel for Breakfast and supper - who knows. I'd like to drive to the ocean and see something in the area too.

Not sure what we'll do in the way of meet-ups...the hubster is a member of AIE who has had a meet-up in the past...hopefully there'll be some of the podcasters we frequently listen to

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Umm, /jealous?

That's AWESOME, though, we've always wanted to go! You guys will have a fab time! :thumbs:

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Timeline

Umm, /jealous?

That's AWESOME, though, we've always wanted to go! You guys will have a fab time! :thumbs:

Thanks! I'm interested in what comes in the loot bag - hopefully a cute pet or something else equally neat. The nice part is that I will NOT be the most geeky person there. In fact, I will look halfway normal. I may take a tally of how many guys I see wearing jeans, white running shoes, a belt and their phone on the belt :)

Should be fun.

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

My husband and I had planned to go last year -- up until they released the dates, and it turned out that it was 2 weeks after our wedding. So we made a pact that we would go this year -- and if they had only moved the ticket dates to the beginning of June, we would have been going. SUCKS. We're hoping to go next year now, and settling for the live stream yet again. It's okay, though. We're both still SUPER excited because we just buy a whole bunch of food and drinks and just veg out the whole weekend, haha.

I hope you have fun!

OH. On MMO-Champion, there was some stuff datamined about a Diablo 3 -themed murloc -- DEFINITELY leaning towards it being the goody bag pet for this year!!!!!!

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/may/murkablo.jpg

Edited by frenzyheart

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Timeline

Maybe I should where a tacky Canada shirt of some type and then people can pick me out in a crowd

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

I'll be there again :D I always have a lot of fun at blizzcon!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.