LynAndArt

When to pay the visa fees

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

We are trying to determine when my finacee can pay her visa fees. We know that our case was sent from the NVC to Manila sometime last week, but we have not heard anything from the embassy. I have seen others time lines that suggest they have either heard from the embassy very quickly or decided to just pay up.

Do we need anything other than our case number to pay the visa fees? Would that be something the embassy sends?

I saw something that says they dont send package 3 any more - that you just down load the forms. Is this true? What are we waiting for?

Thanks,

Lyn and Art

K1 VISA
Feb 17 2009 - Met Online
Apr 19 2009 - 1st Visit to the Philippines
Nov 03 2009 - 2nd Visit to the Philippines
Nov 04 2009 - Engaged
Apr 20 1010 - 3rd Visit to the Philippines
Nov 19 2010 - I-129F Mailed to Texas Lock Box
Nov 22 2010 - Received Date
Nov 29 2010 - NOA1
May 12 2011 - NOA2 Email and Text that we are approved (165-days)! Oh Thank God!
May 16 2011 - NOA2 Hard copy Received

Jul 07 2011 - Lyn and the girls pass their medicals - Thank God!
Jul 22 2011 - Interview - APPROVED
Aug 01 2011 - Picked up visas from 2GO
Aug 03 2011 - CFO Seminar
Aug 13 2011 - POE Detroit
Sep 23 2011 - Married

AOS

May 1 2012 - Mailed I-485 for Marilyn and the Girls
May 16 2012 - NOA-1 Text and Email Received
Jun 23 2012 - REF - Need tax returns for K2s
Jan 31 2013 - GC's For Lyn and Gwen. Got a REF for Uriel's Medical
Mar 21 2013 - Got CG for Uriel. We are done for 2 years

ROC

Dec 27 2014 Mailed I-751

Jan 05 2015 NOA-1 Received

Sept 24 2015 REF - Need more info to establish residency and shared financials

Dec 05 2015 Mail Response to Ref

Jan 25 2016 Received approved NOA-1

Feb 1 2016 10 year GC's received for Lyn and the girls - on to citizenship

Timeline

My fiancee paid the fees to BPI in cash in person with just the NVC case number and passport in hand. The receipt she emailed me shows it paid to the USEM account and has the passport number written on it. We were able to call the embassy after 24 hrs and they acknowledged payment and activated it, but we are still waiting for the files to arrive to their system for the scheduling.

They will not send any packet 3, just a letter stating the case is ready to schedule. All the forms are downloadable and one of them is filled out online and once completed will allow you to print out a page with a barcode. This is used to enter the embassy, I think.

Link is here... http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

04-13-10 visit for 21 days in Philippines

08-14-10 visit for 3 months in Philippines

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

05-11-11 Received at NVC, case number assigned

05-13-11 Left NVC to the USEM

06-01-11 Set up interview with embassy

07-21-11 Approved!... with an additional document she needs to aquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHEKx6afFw

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time

Hi.

Based on our experienced, after the NVC sent our case to Manila Embassy, It took almost 2 months since I got a letter from the Embassy. It contains instruction for medical examination at St. Luke's Kalaw, Manila and a USCIS website for requirements for the visa interview.

We paid twice.

1. My medical at St. Lukes which is I showed my appointment letter from the embassy and my passport.

2. Payment before my embassy interview. Your fiancee will have interview if she's cleared on medical. Then have to call for a schedule of appointment at Embassy and they'll send you the confirmation letter in your email. Then print them to show to the bank for payment. (I think i used BPI bank.)

Don't worry your fiancee will get the letter sometime soon.

I suggest to wait for further notices and letters before the next step. And oh, gather all the requirements for interview while she's waiting ;)

Good Luck! :)

Timeline

We also followed the link B-J sent in their reply. If you schedule online be sure you have fiancee's passport number, where it was issued,date issued, and date expired handy. It is requested as you schedule. You can pay the fee anytime (no need to wait for embassy letter) with just the MNL number and a copy of fiancee's passport bio page but she also has to bring the original passport to the bank(BPI). We just did this a month ago. Good luck

hmmm you can pay the visa fee even if you havent got any letter from the embassy.

after we received the letter from the nvc that our case was forwarded at the embassy i went to the bpi and paid the amount of 350$ they didnt even ask for my mnl case number they just ask for my passport and the payment lol.

but take note if your paying in peso amount better ask them what is the rate for the week or the amount that u should pay in peso.coz it gave me headache at the bpi coz the bpi didnt updated their chart for visa fees so i copied the amount that was in the chart and paid the amount of 15050 pesos but then after a week i tried to schedule online and it says that my payment is short of 350 pesos!then i was like whattttttttt???? so i went to the bank and ask them and they did confirm that there was a mistake on the payment and told me that every week the payment in peso changes because of the currency rate from dollar -peso and the fee now is 15400 pesos and not 15,050.ugh so i told them if thats the case u should've updated your chart or the teller should be always informed how much is the payment for the k-1 visa so there will be no mistake!

so they advised that i just need to wait and go back at the bank if they already fix the problem and they give me 2-4 working days.wowwww but luckily it was fast than what they said .yesterday i was able to pay my visa fee.

and now what im struggling is how to be able to schedule my appointment coz everytime i enter my info in the k-1 scheduling appointment it gives me error message ugh!

geeeeee i think all we have to do is wait and never give up on calling the embassy phone number even if how many times they hung up on us lol....

godbless to everyone!

always remmber everyday is one more day closer ! :dance:

The after-NOA2 K-1 visa process --> Cliff Notes version --> 8 EZ steps --> Free of charge ;) !!!

1. Call the NVC, get your MNL case number, and ask them when your case left the NVC on its way to the Manila.

2. Wait a week or two for the Embassy to receive your physical case file and to enter it into their system.

3. Pay the visa fee and schedule the interview.

4. Complete the medical.

5. Do the CFO seminar.

6. Do the interview.

6. Receive your visa in about a week.

7. Get your CFO sticker.

8. Buy a plane ticket, pack, have a barangay party, say your goodbyes, and fly into the arms of your sweetheart!

Note: Don't wait around for the Embassy to send you a letter telling you that you are eligible to schedule an interview.

If Chinook and I had waited for her eligibility letter, Chinook would still be in 'Pinas. Besides, if you are interested, you can read the eligibility letter right here.

B-)

Timeline

The after-NOA2 K-1 visa process --> Cliff Notes version --> 8 EZ steps --> Free of charge ;) !!!

1. Call the NVC, get your MNL case number, and ask them when your case left the NVC on its way to the Manila.

2. Wait a week or two for the Embassy to receive your physical case file and to enter it into their system.

4. Complete the medical.

5. Do the CFO seminar.

6. Do the interview.

7. Get your CFO sticker.

8. Buy a plane ticket, pack, have a barangay party, say your goodbyes, and fly into the arms of your sweetheart!

Note: Don't wait around for the Embassy to send you a letter telling you that you are eligible to schedule an interview.

If Chinook and I had waited for her eligibility letter, Chinook would still be in 'Pinas. Besides, if you are interested, you can read the eligibility letter right here.

B-)

Thanks Tahoma for the useful info! :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hmmm you can pay the visa fee even if you havent got any letter from the embassy.

after we received the letter from the nvc that our case was forwarded at the embassy i went to the bpi and paid the amount of 350$ they didnt even ask for my mnl case number they just ask for my passport and the payment lol.

but take note if your paying in peso amount better ask them what is the rate for the week or the amount that u should pay in peso.coz it gave me headache at the bpi coz the bpi didnt updated their chart for visa fees so i copied the amount that was in the chart and paid the amount of 15050 pesos but then after a week i tried to schedule online and it says that my payment is short of 350 pesos!then i was like whattttttttt???? so i went to the bank and ask them and they did confirm that there was a mistake on the payment and told me that every week the payment in peso changes because of the currency rate from dollar -peso and the fee now is 15400 pesos and not 15,050.ugh so i told them if thats the case u should've updated your chart or the teller should be always informed how much is the payment for the k-1 visa so there will be no mistake!

so they advised that i just need to wait and go back at the bank if they already fix the problem and they give me 2-4 working days.wowwww but luckily it was fast than what they said .yesterday i was able to pay my visa fee.

and now what im struggling is how to be able to schedule my appointment coz everytime i enter my info in the k-1 scheduling appointment it gives me error message ugh!

geeeeee i think all we have to do is wait and never give up on calling the embassy phone number even if how many times they hung up on us lol....

godbless to everyone!

always remmber everyday is one more day closer ! :dance:

Schedule online here http://cgifederal.force.com/.. i just did last night..USEM launched that may 31st..another VJ member posted that on here--- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/312580-when-the-embassy-says-they-received-the-electronic-file-does-that-mean-my-case-number-is-in-their-system/page__gopid__4701134#entry4701134 ... was big help to me :thumbs:

K1 Visa
1/03/2011--------------- sent i-129f package to Lewisville, TX
1/13/2011--------------- NOA1 hard copy
5/12/2011--------------- NOA2!!! (approved in 126 days)
5/17/2011--------------- NOA2 hard copy
7/14/2011-------------- INTERVIEW DAY! ( IM APPROVED!!!! YES!!! )
7/23/2011-------------- Visa On Hand
8/26/2011-------------- POE - San Francisco

10/15/2011------------ MARRIED!!

AOS Journey
11/16/2011------------ AOS sent
11/26/2011------------ NOA hard copy
12/08/2011------------ Biometrics appointment letter received for 12/22/11 9AM
12/09/2011------------- Transfer Notice: AOS transferred to CSC
12/22/2011------------- Biometrics done in Memphis, Tn.
01/17/2012------------- EAD received
06/18/2012------------- Card in production
06/23/2012------------- Card finally on hand!

ROC 3/08/2014

Timeline

4. Complete the medical.

5. Do the CFO seminar.

6. Do the interview.

7. Get your CFO sticker.

B-)

Hey I didnt know that you could do the CFO seminar before the interview. What documentation do they need?

Thanks,

Lyn and Art

K1 VISA
Feb 17 2009 - Met Online
Apr 19 2009 - 1st Visit to the Philippines
Nov 03 2009 - 2nd Visit to the Philippines
Nov 04 2009 - Engaged
Apr 20 1010 - 3rd Visit to the Philippines
Nov 19 2010 - I-129F Mailed to Texas Lock Box
Nov 22 2010 - Received Date
Nov 29 2010 - NOA1
May 12 2011 - NOA2 Email and Text that we are approved (165-days)! Oh Thank God!
May 16 2011 - NOA2 Hard copy Received

Jul 07 2011 - Lyn and the girls pass their medicals - Thank God!
Jul 22 2011 - Interview - APPROVED
Aug 01 2011 - Picked up visas from 2GO
Aug 03 2011 - CFO Seminar
Aug 13 2011 - POE Detroit
Sep 23 2011 - Married

AOS

May 1 2012 - Mailed I-485 for Marilyn and the Girls
May 16 2012 - NOA-1 Text and Email Received
Jun 23 2012 - REF - Need tax returns for K2s
Jan 31 2013 - GC's For Lyn and Gwen. Got a REF for Uriel's Medical
Mar 21 2013 - Got CG for Uriel. We are done for 2 years

ROC

Dec 27 2014 Mailed I-751

Jan 05 2015 NOA-1 Received

Sept 24 2015 REF - Need more info to establish residency and shared financials

Dec 05 2015 Mail Response to Ref

Jan 25 2016 Received approved NOA-1

Feb 1 2016 10 year GC's received for Lyn and the girls - on to citizenship

Hey I didnt know that you could do the CFO seminar before the interview. What documentation do they need?

Yup...you can complete the CFO seminar anytime you want to. You just can't get the necessary CFO sticker in your passport until you have your visa.

Chinook completed her CFO seminar the day after her medical. A week later, she completed her interview and then went home to Bacolod. After she received her visa, she went back to Manila and went to the CFO office and got her CFO sticker. A few days later, she flew to the U.S. and is now living happily ever after. :star:

• 1 month later...

Good info as always, Tahoma, but not sure why you would want to wait a week or two? If you have your MNL #, you can pay your visa fee (actually, sometimes they don't even ask for MNL#, just passport, I have heard). I would:

1. Same as you

2. Go to BPI, and pay visa fee

3. Go for exam

4. Schedule interview

That way, if something bad happens like sputum test, you didn't waste that time waiting on USEM to contact you. Why do I say this? Because we received NOA2 at the end of January, and STILL have heard NOTHING from USEM. Don't wait on them, just move ahead...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.