Dave&Carolina

Interview scheduled by consulate via E-MAIL

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey folks, I've tried to find my answer on older posts, but I didnt ... so I decided to post a new topic.

My fiance and I got our NOA2 by may 2. On the next week he got another letter from NVC sayin they got our petition and it would be sent to the consulate in my country (Brazil)within a week.

So by may 25 i sent the immigration department an e-mail asking if they have received our petition, since i couldnt get my answer when i called (waited over 40 min on hold).

On the very next day they answered me saying i already have an interview date scheduled by them, which is July 19 and i should not wait for the instruction package to start gathering what i need to bring upon interview.

Have this ever happened to any of u? If so, will I ever receive the instruction package by mail or not?

I'm so anxious here, hope everything goes alright.

Best wishes to everybody.

Dave & Carol :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1-11-11 - I-129F Mailed.

1-18-11 - Check Cashed.

1-24-11 - NOA1 Hardcopy received.

5-06-11 - NOA2 Hardcopy received!!!!!!

6-02-11 - Packet 4 received.

6-07-11 - Medical Appointment.

6-11-11 - Vaccines ok!

7-19-11 - Interview = APPROVED!

7-22-11 - Passport with visa received.

8-12-11 - Arrived in US!!! (POE = ATL international airport)

9-24-11 - We got married!

9-30-11 - AOS, EAD and AP applications sent by mail.

11-7-11 - Biometrics done.

Dec 11 - Received EAD, AP and AOS on mail!

Dec 11 - Name changed on SSN and BMV!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes! My fiancee never got the package by mail. Just go to medical and make the package yourself and take it with you to the consulate on the day of interview. Your fiancee's name will be on the list. Just in case, what I did is requested date by e-mail and printed out e-mail as a proof. Never used it though. In some countries like Russia mail never gets there so I suspect they stopped sending it.

Edited by san diego

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey folks, I've tried to find my answer on older posts, but I didnt ... so I decided to post a new topic.

My fiance and I got our NOA2 by may 2. On the next week he got another letter from NVC sayin they got our petition and it would be sent to the consulate in my country (Brazil)within a week.

So by may 25 i sent the immigration department an e-mail asking if they have received our petition, since i couldnt get my answer when i called (waited over 40 min on hold).

On the very next day they answered me saying i already have an interview date scheduled by them, which is July 19 and i should not wait for the instruction package to start gathering what i need to bring upon interview.

Have this ever happened to any of u? If so, will I ever receive the instruction package by mail or not?

I'm so anxious here, hope everything goes alright.

Best wishes to everybody.

Congratulations. We just had our interview on May 24th in Rio. I will email you some information that may help you I hope. We posted a review about the consulate. We were approved and we are leaving Sao Paulo on June 6th to go back. Here is the link you need for Brazil.

http://brazil.usembassy.gov/interview/forms-for-fiancee-visas.html

It has everything you will need.

Oh yeah.. You DO NOT get a package in Brazil. You will get a letter stating the interview date and to follow the instructions on the link that I gave you.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh Lord, thank you guys for the great news!

I already scheduled my medical appointment and have almost everything ready to go!

"John&Mari" please send me the information u've mentioned to this e-mail: CAROLINAIANES@HOTMAIL.COM

I have some questions and I think u can help. Let me know If u rather talk by e-mail or here.

Thanks again.

Dave & Carol :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1-11-11 - I-129F Mailed.

1-18-11 - Check Cashed.

1-24-11 - NOA1 Hardcopy received.

5-06-11 - NOA2 Hardcopy received!!!!!!

6-02-11 - Packet 4 received.

6-07-11 - Medical Appointment.

6-11-11 - Vaccines ok!

7-19-11 - Interview = APPROVED!

7-22-11 - Passport with visa received.

8-12-11 - Arrived in US!!! (POE = ATL international airport)

9-24-11 - We got married!

9-30-11 - AOS, EAD and AP applications sent by mail.

11-7-11 - Biometrics done.

Dec 11 - Received EAD, AP and AOS on mail!

Dec 11 - Name changed on SSN and BMV!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.