edsotherhalf

Need direction in Montreal

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

YAYYYY it is finally June and I have my medical on the 22nd and interview on the 29th. I have been trying to research how to get from the airport to first Medisys for the medical (22nd) then from the airport to du Centreville Hotel (28th). I went back through posts regarding this but they are all from a year or more ago. I know there is a shuttle from the airport. Its an $8.00 ride. Can anyone direct me as to where to get off and how to get from the stop to the medical and back to catch it again???? I am going alone from Alberta, don't speak French and hate to get lost. I am thinking of taking my GPS and set it to walking but the thing has gotten me lost before while driving. I arrive in Montreal at 7:10 a.m., have medical at 9:30 and need to catch my plane home at 2:00 (I think) p.m. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

March 1999 - Met online

July 5th, 2001 - Met in person

December 19, 2003 - Got engaged

September 26, 2004 - Got married in Canada and husband (USC) becomes a PR

July 5, 2007 - Our daughter Samantha is born

April 5th, 2011 - I-130 Submitted to Toronto Consulate

April 29th, 2011 - Interview at Toronto Consulate

June 8th, 2011 - Packet 3 received via email

June 9th, 2011 - Packet 3 returned via Expresspost overnight

June 13th, 2011 - Packet 3 received by Consulate

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 3 Logged

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 4 Dated

June 22nd, 2011 - Packet 4 Logged

September 12, 2011 - Medical in Toronto

September 29, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!

? - Visa Received

? - POE

YAYYYY it is finally June and I have my medical on the 22nd and interview on the 29th. I have been trying to research how to get from the airport to first Medisys for the medical (22nd) then from the airport to du Centreville Hotel (28th). I went back through posts regarding this but they are all from a year or more ago. I know there is a shuttle from the airport. Its an $8.00 ride. Can anyone direct me as to where to get off and how to get from the stop to the medical and back to catch it again???? I am going alone from Alberta, don't speak French and hate to get lost. I am thinking of taking my GPS and set it to walking but the thing has gotten me lost before while driving. I arrive in Montreal at 7:10 a.m., have medical at 9:30 and need to catch my plane home at 2:00 (I think) p.m. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would suggest using STM's site to figure out how to get places as it's the official website for public transportation in Montreal. The home page can be found here: http://www.stm.info/english/a-somm.htm# They have a feature where you can plug in your departure and arrival locations and it'll tell you which buses to take and such. This feature can be found here: http://www2.stm.info/taz/index.php?lng=en For destination, plug in: PIERRE ELLIOT TRUDEAU [AEROPORT], RU AEROPORT DORVAL (Dorval). A dropdown will appear with one option, click on it. For the arrival, put in: 500, rue Sherbrooke Ouest (Montréal). Two options will appear, click the one that has "ouest" in it as that's where Medisys is located. Then choose 9:30am as your arrival time and choose the 22nd as your date. A map will then be given to you with 3 options. You take the 747 bus first, then you have an option of 3 buses to get to Medisys. Then just take the same buses on the way back to the airport.

For the second trip, just use the site again to plug in your departure and arrival. Again, departure is: PIERRE ELLIOT TRUDEAU [AEROPORT], RU AEROPORT DORVAL (Dorval). Select the option that drops down. For the arrival, plug in: 400, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest (Montréal). Two options will pop down, select the one with "ouest" in it. That's the hotel. I'm not sure what time you're arriving, but hopefully you do :P It looks like the 747 bus brings you right to the hotel (with a little bit of walking). Then for the way back to the airport, just do the same thing but backwards.

I would suggest asking the bus driver to tell you when to get off. Most of the bus drivers are really nice and will help you. Hopefully you get one that speaks English. Or write down on a paper what street you need to get off and/or what bus you need to take and they should know, whether they speak English or French. Also, when I've taken trips in Montreal without having ever taken that bus, I look at nearby streets for when I have to get off before I leave and then keep an eye out when I'm on the bus. That's worked a bunch of times for me before. Another idea, Google Maps has this cool feature (if you haven't heard about it) called street view. I would suggest using it for the location where you have to get off and on and remember the surrounding buildings. I've also used this method A LOT.

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to help. I lived in Montreal forever and I used public transport a lot, so I know my way around :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you, thank you. I may be in touch.

I would suggest using STM's site to figure out how to get places as it's the official website for public transportation in Montreal. The home page can be found here: http://www.stm.info/english/a-somm.htm# They have a feature where you can plug in your departure and arrival locations and it'll tell you which buses to take and such. This feature can be found here: http://www2.stm.info/taz/index.php?lng=en For destination, plug in: PIERRE ELLIOT TRUDEAU [AEROPORT], RU AEROPORT DORVAL (Dorval). A dropdown will appear with one option, click on it. For the arrival, put in: 500, rue Sherbrooke Ouest (Montréal). Two options will appear, click the one that has "ouest" in it as that's where Medisys is located. Then choose 9:30am as your arrival time and choose the 22nd as your date. A map will then be given to you with 3 options. You take the 747 bus first, then you have an option of 3 buses to get to Medisys. Then just take the same buses on the way back to the airport.

For the second trip, just use the site again to plug in your departure and arrival. Again, departure is: PIERRE ELLIOT TRUDEAU [AEROPORT], RU AEROPORT DORVAL (Dorval). Select the option that drops down. For the arrival, plug in: 400, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest (Montréal). Two options will pop down, select the one with "ouest" in it. That's the hotel. I'm not sure what time you're arriving, but hopefully you do :P It looks like the 747 bus brings you right to the hotel (with a little bit of walking). Then for the way back to the airport, just do the same thing but backwards.

I would suggest asking the bus driver to tell you when to get off. Most of the bus drivers are really nice and will help you. Hopefully you get one that speaks English. Or write down on a paper what street you need to get off and/or what bus you need to take and they should know, whether they speak English or French. Also, when I've taken trips in Montreal without having ever taken that bus, I look at nearby streets for when I have to get off before I leave and then keep an eye out when I'm on the bus. That's worked a bunch of times for me before. Another idea, Google Maps has this cool feature (if you haven't heard about it) called street view. I would suggest using it for the location where you have to get off and on and remember the surrounding buildings. I've also used this method A LOT.

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to help. I lived in Montreal forever and I used public transport a lot, so I know my way around :)

How about go to the hotel, then use the Metro & Bus (or walk--for which downtown Montreal is excellent) to go to Medisys?

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.