embysan

London US Embassy

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi

I had my Immigrant Visa interview in London UK last month and my USC spouse also attended it. Consular Officer gave me a questionnaire (Administration Processing) to fill out,and he asked me were you born in Pakistan eventhough he had my Original UK born birth certificate right in front of him and I have never traveled to Pakistan. The consular then presented a blue form and checked the box that's reads "they need additional administration processing and they will contact me once it's done".

1. What I don't understand is why do i have to go into additional processing again, when this was done at the start of the whole process case (I-130 process and initially it took for about 6months to complete) and the results were Admin Process was completed and approved, now after the interview why did the counselor put me to admin process again?

2. How long will this process take now as I'm worried it may take months and months again?

3. Has anyone had any similar experiences like this before from London Embassy who are Asian back ground but UK born? and If so can someone advice me what can I do to expedite this process so that I can reunite with my spouse ASAP.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Consular Officer gave me a questionnaire (Administration Processing) to fill out,and he asked me were you born in Pakistan eventhough he had my Original UK born birth certificate right in front of him and I have never traveled to Pakistan

The biggest thing that pops out is what I quoted from you.

Why would they ask you that when they have your birth cert and you have never been there? They either have something or are crossing your case with someone else or something else.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

That's annoying :-( I can only think that you must share your name with someone suspicious??

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to speed it up, and it's impossible to say how long you'll have to wait. Hopefully you'll be a quick case. It can't hurt to contact them every so often though, remind them you exist :-)

• 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thanks for the relpies

Hi

What was the outcome of your situation when this happened? The exact same thing has just happened to me today, they said all of my paperwork was fine but my application has required additional processing. I too am UK born but have Pakistani surname.

They said they'll be in touch in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.