rosemike2010

how many days could I have my visa after interview?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello guys, I am waiting for my interview on June 17 in London, Embassy. I was working here and I want to know and book for my plane ticket as soon as I find out if I can have a visa. But I am a bit worried if how many working days before I can have my visa in my hand after my interview. Any help from those who had this kind of experience... Thanks

Hello guys, I am waiting for my interview on June 17 in London, Embassy. I was working here and I want to know and book for my plane ticket as soon as I find out if I can have a visa. But I am a bit worried if how many working days before I can have my visa in my hand after my interview. Any help from those who had this kind of experience... Thanks

I see noone has replied to you so I'll attempt to help you. My interview was on Monday 19th April (last year) and I received my passport back on Friday 23rd April. I've seen people get theirs quicker and I've seen it take longer. I've also seen cases where people have been approved at interview only to find out later that there's been in an issue which has delayed the issuing of their visa even further.

Your best bet would probably be to do a timeline search. I know that in my timeline I have the date of my interview and the date my visa was received so you may want to look at the pattern for the last couple of months...

It can take 7-10 days.

My advice is wait until the visa is in hand. I've been around long enough to to see the tears and panic when there is a flight to catch and no visa yet. You've got 6 months to use that visa. You don't have to go on day 1. YNWA was approved 5 weeks ago and reported he just got his visa from London today. Things happen.

Click on "portals" on the menu bar and you'lls ee his post.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My husband (Carty) has the same interview date in London. His appointment is at 9:00am but he plans to be there when they open.

Originally Filed with California Service Center

London, United Kingdom Consulate

July 22 2010 - Married

USCIS

Aug 20 2010 - I-130 Sent to CSC

Aug 26 2010 - NOA1 Received

Sep 01 2010 - Touched

Nov 03 2010 - Transferred to TSC

Nov 30 2010 - Touched

Feb 09 2011 - Transferred back to CSC

Feb 16 2011 - NOA2 Received

NVC

Mar 07 2011 - NVC Case# assigned

Mar 11 2011 - Emailed DS3032

Mar 14 2011 - DS3032 received and Paid AOS fee

Mar 15 2011 - AOS fee marked PAID and Paid IV fee

Mar 16 2011 - Mailed AOS packet

Mar 17 2011 - IV fee marked PAID

Mar 18 2011 - Mailed IV packet and scheduled medical

Mar 29 2011 - AOS received

Apr 01 2011 - Medical in London

Apr 06 2011 - IV packet received and RFE

Apr 26 2011 - Mailed reply for RFE

May 11 2011 - RFE information received

May 12 2011 - SIF and CC

May 13 2011 - Interview date set for June 17th

Jun 17 2011 - Visa denied

USCIS

Jun 27 2011 - Hired lawyer

Jul 28 2011 - Mailed I601 waiver

Feb 19 2012 - RFE

Mar 05 2012 - Mailed reply for RFE

Mar 21 2012 - Waiver approved

Apr 02 2012 - Medical #2 in London

Apr 03 2012 - Courier Passport to embassy

Apr 24 2012 - Passport with visa received

Apr 30 2012 - Flight to US - FINALLY!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Our interview was the 18th and the visa was returned the 23rd (with a weekend between, so three business days). We paid extra for a morning delivery. She flew out on the 25th. YMMV.

Edited by B.Rossow

Bit of an old topic now, but mine was around 4 days from being approved to having the visa in hand.

David.

K-1 Timeline:

14 Sep 2010 - Mailed in I-129F.

08 Feb 2011 - NOA 2.

09 Jun 2011 - Visa in hand.

13 Aug 2011 - Wedding day.

AOS Timeline:

14 Oct 2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD forms.

21 Oct 2011 - NOA for AOS/EAD.

05 Nov 2011 - Case transferred to CSC.

08 Nov 2011 - Biometrics.

29 Dec 2011 - EAD in hand.

05 Jan 2012 - I-485 Approved (AOS).

11 Jan 2012 - I-551/Permanent Resident Card in hand.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

well i was approved on the 25th april 2013 and was told i would get it in a week's time and it has been more than a week and still nothing, so my guess is you gotta be patient, though its frustuating. all the best

well i was approved on the 25th april 2013 and was told i would get it in a week's time and it has been more than a week and still nothing, so my guess is you gotta be patient, though its frustuating. all the best

If you're applying in Uganda, the timing between interview and passport delivery will have no relation to the timing in London.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.