AlexBa

How soon before K1 interview should medical and police report be done?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fiance went to Lagos to obtain his police report and to be finger printed. He was told to pick up report closer to his interview date in July. When he called the clinic for the medical part he was told to come for that closer to his interview date too. I was just wondering how soon others had that stuff done before the interview. He is so laid back and me, I worry. LOL. I want to make sure he gives himself time to get everything done before the interview. We are getting excited now! The wait is almost over!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am not sure why they told him to come back closer to the interview that is in July because the medical is good for 3 months (can be debate) and the medical is good for one year. But no worries the police report when he do go for it he will get it the same day and the medical is over a course of 2days he may need a series of the hep B shot but they will start it over there and he can finish that one here with no problem....No worries your closer to the end now good luck the rest of the way :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

As this looks like it's in wrong forum, I've reported the thread for move.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Timeline

Sounds like he's applied for the police report and is now just waiting for the processing. Also, it may be that the Panel Physician doesn't do the medicals until closer to the interview date. I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as he has them completed prior to the interview, all is well. If you're looking for specific information for your beneficiary's country, you're best to ask in the Regional Forums.

Moving your thread from the Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents forum over to the K-1 Process forum.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.