Jump to content

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


Just a quick question!

I have been very lucky to have recieved my NOA2 just three months after I filed my I-129f, it has however left me less time than I was banking on to get myself together for the move...

I took part in a four month study abroad program in 2009 (where I met my fiance) and I recieved a social security number (which they told me to keep very safe), I didn't think much of it at the time! but now am I right in thinking it could mean I can apply for my EAD almost straight away upon arrival?

Thanks very much for any info,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada

For around 400$ yes you can apply for it, it will also be expired the same day the I-94 expires.

However if you get married and get your marriage certificate then apply for AOS EAD and AP. You do not have to pay the extra 400$ on top of 1070$. And the EAD that you get from sending all the parts together will last 1 year. Once you have the green card you wouldn't need the EAD tho anymore.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...