hopefulguy

Approved I-130 / Need answer, Please HELP!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My mom got married to an american guy who is a US citizen. My step-dad (my petitioner) petitioned my mom and my younger brother who are now a Lawful Permanent Residence of US. I didn't come with them because I want to finish my school here in the Philippines. I was only 17 when both of them were petitioned by my step dad. I stayed with my grandparents here in the Phil. Fortunately I graduated and got a job. I enjoyed working for almost 4 years. In the year 2008 I realized that I wanna be with my family. My step dad filed a petition for me (I-130). I made a research about petitioning child over 21 years old and I found out that here in the Philippines it would take 5-10 years to get a visa available. I told my step dad about what I've found out. He told me that I am still included with my sisters and mom's petition therefor According to him I don't belong with F1 Visa. Here are my questions I hope some could help me understand things:

1. Some says that the petition must be filed before I turned 21. Is that right? However my step dad just filed the I-130 petition just 2008 and it was approved by USCIS just this year (May 10, 2011).

2. I heard about CSPA, is there an exception with my case? My stepdad send a letter to USCIS explaining the reason why they didn't filed the petition when I'm under 21 years old. (Before my petitioned got approved, USCIS asked for supporting documents (RFE) like the death certificate of my dad and certificate of non marriage.)

3. Am I eligible for K2 visa then?

4. USCIS sent the approval notice to my stepdad saying that they will send the approved petition to the NVC and gave us 90 days to wait for visa processing. It also stated that I will be receiving a paper as well coming from the consulate here in the Phil. If I may ask, All of the notice of approval sent to the petitioner has the same content just like what my step dad received?

Thanks for taking time reading my concern. I know that your reply will help me understand things.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

My mom got married to an american guy who is a US citizen. My step-dad (my petitioner) petitioned my mom and my younger brother who are now a Lawful Permanent Residence of US. I didn't come with them because I want to finish my school here in the Philippines. I was only 17 when both of them were petitioned by my step dad. I stayed with my grandparents here in the Phil. Fortunately I graduated and got a job. I enjoyed working for almost 4 years. In the year 2008 I realized that I wanna be with my family. My step dad filed a petition for me (I-130). I made a research about petitioning child over 21 years old and I found out that here in the Philippines it would take 5-10 years to get a visa available. I told my step dad about what I've found out. He told me that I am still included with my sisters and mom's petition therefor According to him I don't belong with F1 Visa. Here are my questions I hope some could help me understand things:

1. Some says that the petition must be filed before I turned 21. Is that right? However my step dad just filed the I-130 petition just 2008 and it was approved by USCIS just this year (May 10, 2011).

2. I heard about CSPA, is there an exception with my case? My stepdad send a letter to USCIS explaining the reason why they didn't filed the petition when I'm under 21 years old. (Before my petitioned got approved, USCIS asked for supporting documents (RFE) like the death certificate of my dad and certificate of non marriage.)

3. Am I eligible for K2 visa then?

4. USCIS sent the approval notice to my stepdad saying that they will send the approved petition to the NVC and gave us 90 days to wait for visa processing. It also stated that I will be receiving a paper as well coming from the consulate here in the Phil. If I may ask, All of the notice of approval sent to the petitioner has the same content just like what my step dad received?

Thanks for taking time reading my concern. I know that your reply will help me understand things.

since you have no answers yet and i dont know the answer try posting this some where else..there is a portal at top maybe you could post in philippines section and someone will see and can help you...good luck

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.