ABandIG

Is a letter from employer enough?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone! :)

So I'm gonna be travelling back to the US in July with my fiancè staying there for a month, and we are currently on a petition for a K1 visa.

I have a Turist visa, my purpose is to visit friends and stay with my fiancè and I wont hide it at the POE, so I think they will ask me for ties to my country.

I've got a job here and I'm currently on a "project contract"; I wont have no problem to get a letter from my employer stating that I'm working for him and that I can travel during August cause the company closes the business during that month, but will that really be enough?

I mean, I can bring the job contract with me but it's in italian language, and I honestly don't think how useful it could be... :huh:

What do you guys think? Thank you in advance for your response (F)

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Nov 21 '09 - We found each other. ABIG was born

Jan 08 '10 - AB proposed to IG. Happiest Yes ever.

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 12 '11 - NVC received

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Sep 7 '11 - VISA AND HOLY PACKAGE IN HAND <3

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

"My heart is there with You, and Yours is here with Me. Our love will protect each and every beat until We reunite"[AB]

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

My fiance just arrived here in the USA on tuesday. He is staying for 90 days and had absolutely no problem getting through. He didn't even have a letter from his employer. He did bring a copy of our I-129f packet and a copy of the NOA1, but he said that he didn't even have to show them. His point of entry was in Boston, and he has never had any trouble there. I'd say it would be a good idea to bring a copy of your noa1 to show you are going through the process legally and then whatever you can think of that would show ties, just in case.

I was very nervous that my fiance wouldn't be allowed in the country, but he had no trouble at all. I really hope your entry goes just as smoothly. Good luck

Edited by kaleigha

Sept. 2009- met while studying in Italy
1/3/2011- engaged
3/28/2011- I-129f mailed
4/4/2011- NOA1 email
4/11/2011- NOA1 hard-copy
8/3/2011- NOA2
10/12/2011- Interview and Visa Approval!

January 7 2012- wedding

07/22/14-Mailed I-751 to remove conditions

01/28/2015- removal of conditions approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Thank you kaleigha :)(F) it makes me feel a little better, though I'm still worried.

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Nov 21 '09 - We found each other. ABIG was born

Jan 08 '10 - AB proposed to IG. Happiest Yes ever.

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 12 '11 - NVC received

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Sep 7 '11 - VISA AND HOLY PACKAGE IN HAND <3

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

"My heart is there with You, and Yours is here with Me. Our love will protect each and every beat until We reunite"[AB]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you kaleigha :)(F) it makes me feel a little better, though I'm still worried.

Should not be a problem make sure to have return address place of residence and the work papers are fine. Italian drivers licence anything to prove permanency in Italy. I also traveled to US while 129f was processing and had no issues at all.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.