shikarnov

More Visa News

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just do not see a flood of illegal Russians moving to the US. Internal policy in Russia has nothing to do with visas, or should not. How will restricting me or them from visiting affect that?

We need to change the constitution so we can impeach Obama.

Illegal immigration can be easily handled and eliminated and has nothing to do with visas. Dry up the market for jobs for illegals and the job is done. Penalize the hell out of anyone that hires illegals and that becomes a moot point.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you insisted Obama should be impeached. Which isn't even possible by US law, unless he commits perjury or treason or some other kind of CRIME. And then you spewed all of the same stuff you post in every thread in this forum. Boring.

And before you say stuff about how I don't know anything about life in Russia blah blah blah, my best friend actually did go to trial for something he posted on the internet. I have also had dealings with the Russian police myself beyond being asked to be paid a bribe because they saw American and thought "free meals for a month!" (I've never given any money to the police, actually.) So I do know that yes, it is not the US with regard to free speech and human rights. But also there is a difference between how domestic policy works and how foreign policy works, and if you want people to respect your opinions, you'd better figure it out.

I could give two fks less about "spewing the same stuff in every forum" if it's pertinent to the topic on hand. Again the topic is in regards to opening up the visa laws with Russia, and again I'm totally against it for the most obvious of reasons. The US has never had open visa policy's with criminal nations such as Russia and for good reasons.

While your learning about Russia over in St. Petersburg take some free time and learn about the US and it's visa policy's. The US has laws, and some of them for good reason.

I read the post on this thread from some people how Russian's won't be flooding into the US, and all I can think of is "peeps without a clue". Anyone with half a brain that's ever traveled to Western Europe and seen the crime wave there in regards to organized Russian crime wouldn't even think of posting such a thing.

The US has never had an open visa policy with a criminal nation, and for Obama to start something new in that direction is a spit in the face to every American who has served this country including myself.

If you think just because Russia's foreign policy somewhat mirrors the USA's that they should get a free ride in regards to visa's then I believe your sadly mistaken. Domestic policy is #1 in that regard, and the country your studying in is nothing short of a criminal mafia state who promotes murder of human rights workers and journalist, extortion, bribery, white slavery, etc... the list goes on and on and on. If the US opens up visa laws with Russia then we might as well do the same for nations such as North Korea, Belarus, and Iran just to mention a few like minded country's.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

No, I am not saying the US foreign policy mirrors Russia's. Read carefully. I am saying that the US has done some pretty heinous things in the past, and has supported--and installed!--very heinous regimes. I don't see how loosening visa restrictions, and personally I see perhaps loosening to the point of Shengen, not to the point of countries with which the US has a visa-free regime as the likely outcome to this particular scenario, if any, is akin to SUPPORTING Russian domestic policy. Obama actually just appointed a vocal opponent to Putin as the new ambassador to Russia.

What I am saying is that slightly loosening visa regimes is NOTHING in comparison to actually removing democratically-elected presidents from office and installing dictators who make Putin and Lukashenko look like Canadian prime ministers. This is something that the US did as official policy for YEARS and years and no one got impeached for it. Nixon got impeached for Watergate, not containment policy.

I agree with what Gary said, except for Obama needing to be impeached. Making it easier for people to see their families or to pump tourist dollars into our respective economies? What's wrong with that? The US has actually lost a lot of money by making the tourist process unpleasant/difficult even for those in countries with visa-free regimes with the US. I don't know about Belarus, since only one of my cousins has immigrated since the fall of the Soviet Union and my extended family visited during perestroika, but I am fairly certain that if there is difficulty with Iran and North Korea, it's more on their side than ours. North Koreans aren't even allowed to visit other cities in North Korea without a permit; like hell would anyone be allowed to even consider visiting the United States!

I do know Russians who have come on student/tourist visas and have stayed and got the visas with that exact intention; I am not sure if Gary and other's view that people wouldn't stay in the US is accurate. Actually, I know a fair amount of British illegal immigrants because once they get to the US and see how cheap things are in comparison with the UK, no one wants to go back!

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

I'd love to see this happens, but I'm pretty it just won't. Too much history (that should be just forgotten) there.

And what history would that be Amy ?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm all for doing away with visas...but only for Russian women between 21 and 45. I don't care about fingerprints but I insist on photos in skimpy garb to make sure they're not hiding anything from us.

And, frankly, we're already over run with illegal aliens and nobody seems to care, so why discriminate against Russians. And, I'm tired of tacos...how about some illegal borsch?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Illegal immigration can be easily handled and eliminated and has nothing to do with visas. Dry up the market for jobs for illegals and the job is done. Penalize the hell out of anyone that hires illegals and that becomes a moot point.

I have seen this since our economy went boinkers on us. Where I live new home construction was the industry with the work force being about 90% illigals most likely.

When there was no work for them they left. We still have 15% unemployment and new home construction will take years to return to this area.

No doubt, almost everyone here looks the same again and will probably for years to come.

Timeline

I'm all for doing away with visas...but only for Russian women between 21 and 45. I don't care about fingerprints but I insist on photos in skimpy garb to make sure they're not hiding anything from us.

And, frankly, we're already over run with illegal aliens and nobody seems to care, so why discriminate against Russians. And, I'm tired of tacos...how about some illegal borsch?

Seems politically incorrect, but a good idea. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I have seen this since our economy went boinkers on us. Where I live new home construction was the industry with the work force being about 90% illigals most likely.

When there was no work for them they left. We still have 15% unemployment and new home construction will take years to return to this area.

No doubt, almost everyone here looks the same again and will probably for years to come.

It is not rocket science. The reason illegals come is economic. The reason employers hire them is economic. They DO NOT hire them because they are the world's best roofers...and cheap! They hire them because they are cheap. If the risk is greater than the benefit, they will not be hired. If they are not hired, they will self-deport. Big surprise. Economic problems need economic solutions. Fences will not work. Visas will not work.

ANY attempt to address the "issue" of illegal immigration that does not begin with severe punishment for any employer who hires illegals, is nothing but smoke and mirrors. We do not need visas to prevent illegal immigration, we need to make it economical suicide to do so.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I just do not see a flood of illegal Russians moving to the US. Internal policy in Russia has nothing to do with visas, or should not. How will restricting me or them from visiting affect that?

We need to change the constitution so we can impeach Obama.

Well.. you need Obama to do something illegal.. committ crime. Otherwise we cannot impeach him.. I do not see him committing crime. Just being insensitive to USC needs. Like all the politicians now-days.

Maybe you could get a bit more in depth with that post.

btw I can't think of any nations that the US has open visa laws with that has such a miserable human rights record such as Russia where murdering journalist and anyone else deemed a threat to the mafia run Kremlin is the norm.

Hmmmmmm.....Does China ring a bell? :whistle:

Timeline

Well.. you need Obama to do something illegal.. committ crime. Otherwise we cannot impeach him.. I do not see him committing crime. Just being insensitive to USC needs. Like all the politicians now-days.

I know, but we could change the constitution. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I discussed this possibility with Alla and she says that Obama is crazy. "All of the Russian criminals will immediately come to Vermont where no one locks their doors and steal all their stuff, then they will go over to the grocery store where there is always cars running but no one in them and they will take the cars to carry all the stuff to a big city and sell it and become rich, Americans are so stupid I do not know how you keep anything, you would never keep anything in Russia"

But Alla, why wouldn't they take the car first and THEN take all the stuff so they do not have to carry all the stuff to the grocery store to steal a car? :bonk:

"Because they are stupid Russian criminals. Also all the prostitutes will come here"

And what is the problem with that? We could use an upgrade in the quality of prostitutes here.

"Obama is stupid"

:lol:

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't think I can agree with Alla. I think most of 'big' criminals are either in the States, or somewhere abroad and they have no problem in getting their visas. And I don't think they're interested in going to Vermont anyway. (I don't think they know that Vermont exists).

Those criminals, who would steal anything in the car, but not the car itself... I don't think they care about going abroad - those criminals are on drugs and they're not going to get plane tickets and fly to the States - all they need is just to get their drug dose.

Almost the same thing with prostitutes.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.