artgirl24

packet 3 mexico?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received a letter from the Juarez Embassy stating my fiance is ready now to finishing gathering paperwork and to schedule an interview and that he would be getting his letter/packet 3 in the mail soon. Well it's been over 3 weeks since I received this notification and he has received nothing. My question is; Will a copy of my letter be sufficient for him to take to the interview since it seems he will never receive his packet? All the websites and codes are on my letter too, so he has the basics only because of my letter. Any advice?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received a letter from the Juarez Embassy stating my fiance is ready now to finishing gathering paperwork and to schedule an interview and that he would be getting his letter/packet 3 in the mail soon. Well it's been over 3 weeks since I received this notification and he has received nothing. My question is; Will a copy of my letter be sufficient for him to take to the interview since it seems he will never receive his packet? All the websites and codes are on my letter too, so he has the basics only because of my letter. Any advice?

Yes, the letter you received also works just as well. It is the same letter. That letter is the 'packet 3'. My husband never received one at his address in Mexico, as well as many of the other people that live in Mexico and went through Juarez. The Mexican mail system is #######.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yes, the letter you received also works just as well. It is the same letter. That letter is the 'packet 3'. My husband never received one at his address in Mexico, as well as many of the other people that live in Mexico and went through Juarez. The Mexican mail system is #######.

####### is an understatement. I paid big bucks to rush delivery to my fiance with some documents and they arrived 5 weeks later.. 5 WEEKS!!! Well thank you for your input, I feel more relieved now.

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Is this still the case? If we get the letter in the US can we scan it and send it via email to print in Mexico? Is it needed for the interview?

“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.”

Timeline

:thumbs: good to know I will get Packet 3 aswell.

My fiance's parents live up high in their town, deadly hill some might call it, LOL and mail doesnt usually make its way up there! :)

CAOAm5.png

12/06/08= Fiance EWI (age:14)

12/15/08-> Love at first sight; even tho I was askd to hook him up w/ my bff. :)

12/27/08-> Early inoccent New Years Kiss :P (start dating)

7/21/09-> Find out we're expecting; move in together!

3/15/10->Gemma Jasmene is born!

9/1/10-> Get our first Apartment!

3/15/11-> Find out we're expecting, AGAIN! (Amazing gift for my daughters bday; a little sister)

6/1/11-> Move back home due to tornado disaster :(

8/2011-> Decide to start the K1 process

11/08/11-> Naila Geraldine is born.

9/15/12-> Fiance left before turning 18.5 [172 days]

10/05/12-> Mailed I-129F (waiting game, begins) :/

10/11/12-> NOA1 [via text message]

Timeline

Is this still the case? If we get the letter in the US can we scan it and send it via email to print in Mexico? Is it needed for the interview?

Yes, this is what is called your invitation letter, you will need it for medical exam, CAS fingerprints and consulate interview. I made 3 copies here in US and gave to my fiance in Mexico, she never received anything in Mexico via postal service.

Ah, the mysterious Packet 3... Packet 3 is available online on the Juarez consulate webpage (you can see it says K Visa/Fiance(e) Packet). You need to download it, as it does contain important information and you have to sign the letter of intent to marry on the last page and take it on the day of your interview. The letter you got is what is known as "invitation letter" (although calling the helpline, they'll tell you that there is no such thing as an "invitation letter", then it is one of the first things you'll be asked for). You will need that letter, in every step of the process. The actual packet doesn't arrive via mail (I did get the invitation letter via snail mail in Mexico so go figure, about a month after my fiance got it in the US) or at least I haven't seen anyone who's received it so far.

Just make sure you have the NVC case number and the beneficiary ID for the DS-260. Good luck!

Our Journey begins

Met online in March 2009. Started dating through Skype in September 2009. Met in person on 03/14/2010. After many visits, both ways, Nate proposes to Liz on 8/10/2010.

Our K-1 Journey
K1 Visa processed at Vermont, approved in 106 days. Approved at CDJ on 19/09/2011
Our AOS Journey from K

Applied for AOS on 12/27/2011

-AP/EAD combo card processed at Vermont, approved in 86 days. Approved on 3/22/2012; Card Received 3/30/2012

-GC processed at Vermont, approved in 268 days. Approved on 9/20/2012; Card Received on 9/26/2012
Our RoC Journey

08/30/2014: Sent package to Lockbox

09/02/2014: Package Received in Chicago

09/05/2014: Received NOA1 (Extension letter for 1 year)

11/30/2014: Called USCIS, Biometrics appointment not received yet. Appointment letter never delivered to correct address.

12/05/2014: Finally receive Biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

12/30/2014: Biometrics taken in El Paso, Texas ASC

05/08/2015: Approval notice received by email and text

05/10/2015: Approval notice received by mail

05/15/2015: GC in hand

-RoC processed at Vermont, approved in 248 days

Our Citizenship Journey

06/20/2015: Will be able to early file N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.