VudoMenudo

Blue Slip

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

For my fiance 10 year residency, she wrote it in Vietnamese, translate to English, then notarized. She did it in her hometown Ben Tre(countryside). This was a bit more work but I felt better that we did it this way. For the blue slip submission, my fiance came 1 week before the submission date and asked if she could turn it in early, and they said yes. After waiting about 15 mins, they issued pink. The blue slip is just a stall tactic and so can the visa pickup time.

What time did she go? Did she go early in the morning or in the afternoon?

The first time when your fiance got a blue slip, what documents did they ask for?

Sent the I-129F petition to USCIS on Aug 20, 2010

I-129F Approved!!! Feb 7, 2011

Returned P3 to Consulate Mar 7, 2011

Interview Date May 20, 2011

Timeline

The first time when your fiance got a blue slip, what documents did they ask for?

She went at 1:30PM. It was submitted at the windows specified on the blue slip. There are 4 documents on blue slip they asked for. One is the timeline of our relationship. 2nd is my 10 year residency. 3rd is my fiance 10 year residency. 4th is my fiance relatives residency in USA. The 4th was easy for me since she does not have any relatives in USA.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Always go the same time of day they allow docs to be submitted.. afternoons... The different day different response thing, likely had to do with the CO being there or not being there...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

They have an appointment when the CO will be there on that specific date.. She can go any day between now and then but there is no sure way to know if the CO will be there or have time to address your case... Some folks have gone early and gotten pink.. others have gone and gotten another blue... have her make a copy of the blue slip.. use that copy to go inside if she decides to go early... then if there was not a pink issued on that date, she still has the original blue slip to be able to get into the consulate again on the date the appointment is set for to try to resolve anything with the CO...

Very good point, Scott. Make sure you copy the letter. It is a "pass" for your Fiance/Wife to enter the consulate on or before the date. The more times in, the more chances for pink.

Good luck to all,

Fred

If you can't do what you want to do, do what you can do.

Timeline

Very good point, Scott. Make sure you copy the letter. It is a "pass" for your Fiance/Wife to enter the consulate on or before the date. The more times in, the more chances for pink.

I want my fiance to go submit the documents about 1 week before the appointment date (June 20). She thinks that if she goes before the date, somebody else will be there and put us in AP. I think she is becoming frustrated with me for trying to get her to turn it in early so I may just let her have her way. I will try again though.

Sent the I-129F petition to USCIS on Aug 20, 2010

I-129F Approved!!! Feb 7, 2011

Returned P3 to Consulate Mar 7, 2011

Interview Date May 20, 2011

Timeline

I want my fiance to go submit the documents about 1 week before the appointment date (June 20). She thinks that if she goes before the date, somebody else will be there and put us in AP. I think she is becoming frustrated with me for trying to get her to turn it in early so I may just let her have her way. I will try again though.

This is more between you both and all we can give is advice. She may be frustrated with the whole process as we all get. Going on the date stated on the slip is a safe move.

Timeline

The blue slip is a delay tactic and puts everyone in panic mode wondering. The decision is most likely already decided. The reason I said it is because our case took 15 mins to get our result. How can they have time to check timeline, 10 year residency(mines and hers), plus her document of any relatives in USA within 15 mins? The person who collects the document does not make the decision. They locate it base on your case number then retrieve it to give the result.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

For my fiance 10 year residency, she wrote it in Vietnamese, translate to English, then notarized. She did it in her hometown Ben Tre(countryside). This was a bit more work but I felt better that we did it this way. For the blue slip submission, my fiance came 1 week before the submission date and asked if she could turn it in early, and they said yes. After waiting about 15 mins, they issued pink. The blue slip is just a stall tactic and so can the visa pickup time.

Just provide them with what they need, I think you will be good to go. Good luck!!!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-07-09

I-130 Sent : 2011-01-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-02-07

I-130 Approved : 2011-05-17

NVC Received : 2011-05-31

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-06-06

Pay I-864 Bill: 2011-06-06

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-06-16

Return Completed DS-3032(emailed) : 2011-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Pay IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-07-25

Interview Date : 2011-09-14

Interview Result : Passed/Pink

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.