BrownHorse

URGENT HELP! I AM TOTALLY LOST!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Correct but is either A or B or C .... I am still confused about this whole process. Hopefully I have sent in right docs..

It should be fine at this point. If they need more, they will send an RFE, or, ask you to bring additional documents to the interview. For this requirement, they are looking for proof that you paid your taxes for the last three years. Don't know why they can't just access the IRS information themselves, but it is good to know the IRS is protecting your privacy in regards the DHS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think it's worth it waiting 1 week for the tax transcripts. The whole think will take months anyways so I think 1 more week before you send out your application is not gonna change much in time but it could make difference in evidence. Once you send it out just relax and wait. I think the worst of all our applications is K-1 (or CR-1/K-3) because we were far from our loved ones. After we passed that tough test, our level of patience is so high you just send out an application and chillax. :star:

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Other Timeline

BrownHorse,

that's all that's needed. Most people prefer sending tax transcripts, as it's more condensed, meaning less paperwork, but if you want to send your entire tax returns instead, that'll work just fine.

I did not want to wait another week for IRS to send me 3 years worth of tax transcripts and not to mention memorial day weekend next week. I would just delay things so I ended up sending them copies of my W2s/1040s from past 3 years.

So to summarize this, here is what I ended up mailing them (USPS next day):

-N400 signed and dated

-e-Notification form

-Photocopy of spouse's green card (both sides)

-Two color identical photos with name and A# written on the back

-$$680.00 check for DHS

-3 years tax returns/W2s (They were all filed jointly)

-Copy of Marriage Cert

-Copy of my naturalized certification

-Copy of child's birth cert

I hope thats enough proof! Wish me luck and thanks for all your help as always! VJ Rocks....

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.