lola12

got packet 3 from Juarez

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We are just sooooo happy we have received the packet 3 from Juarez, after only 5 days!! can you guys believe this?? it took 5 days to arrive, they sent it on may 13 and today we got it, so there is hope you guys!! I hope to all of you that havent received it, it will come, I hope as fast as they did to us, best of luck to all of you :)

Timeline

Si!! I got it super quick too! I cant believe how fast this is happening, but I'm so happy and excited!! And we didnt call USCIS or NVC a single time, maybe that's why?

When are you scheduling your interview?

Saludos,

Sarah

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

05-16-2011 Packet 3 received

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-01-2011 Interview & approved!

08-03-2011 Got the visas!

08-04-2011 POE Juarez, 5 minutes at 6:10 am!!

08-19-2011 Married

10-19-2011 AOS package sent

11-08-2011 AOS package re-sent

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

12-20-2011 BIO apointment

Timeline

Hi Sarah,

My fiance and I are going to schedule our interview tomorrow, I will let you know when my interview is schedule, the sooner the better though :) sometime in June.

we got the letter super fast, its hard to believe actually, after hearing so many couples struggle to finally receive theirs, we were thinking it would take longer, and its already here, this is awesome!

Timeline

Congratulations . :thumbs: . im still Dealing with this very thing .. they supost to sent my pakage like a month ago . i finaly called them , and they told me that thye have sent it since May 4th .. still until today 19 I havent heard one thing , im geting frustrated on how Patetic our Mail service is here where i live down by Quintanarro cozumel ,, the other end of the country from Juarez , i just hope my pakage isn't lost , my fiance recived her letter of aproval for me to start booking my interview, but the time i called this people they told me i need to wait for that pakage to arrive to follow instructions .. instructions are easy i wonder what exactly is in this pakage that they need me to bring that i can't obtain in the Internet , im just hoping i dont recive an expired Invitation that would sucks ..

Wish you good luke on your interview . god be with you :innocent:

Edited by 11J.Alberto11

Filed: Timeline

wow congrats to all of you that is preety quick..nothing compared for the wiat of the noa2 things i guess move alot faster now i guess and hope...we just got the text of noa2 waithin for the actual letter but after reading all of your postings hopefully it all goes quick and i hope for you albert your packet 3 comes in the mail soon..guys please keep us updated on how it goes in juarez soon i will be there tooo good luck to all and god bless :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

awesome!! we just got our NOA2, I hope we will get the package 3 soon cause I will love to make it to the USA before July (I know, I'm dreaming!) but its good to hear that our postal service isn't too bad... congrats and good luck in your interview!!!!

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations . :thumbs: . im still Dealing with this very thing .. they supost to sent my pakage like a month ago . i finaly called them , and they told me that thye have sent it since May 4th .. still until today 19 I havent heard one thing , im geting frustrated on how Patetic our Mail service is here where i live down by Quintanarro cozumel ,, the other end of the country from Juarez , i just hope my pakage isn't lost , my fiance recived her letter of aproval for me to start booking my interview, but the time i called this people they told me i need to wait for that pakage to arrive to follow instructions .. instructions are easy i wonder what exactly is in this pakage that they need me to bring that i can't obtain in the Internet , im just hoping i dont recive an expired Invitation that would sucks ..

Wish you good luke on your interview . god be with you :innocent:

The thing they call "packet 3" is the same thing as the invitation letter. You say that your fiance in the U.S. has it??! If you are doing a K-1 (fiance) visa then that is all you need! She can book your interview and scan you a copy of this letter to bring with you.

It is confusing because they say different names sometimes. The "packet" is only one piece of paper that tells you to go to the website and fill out the DS-156, DS-156K and DS-260 along with your evidence. Then you pay and call to schedule your interview.

Ud. ya tiene la paquete 3, se llama "carta de invitation" tambien y ellos mandaron uno a E.U. y uno a Mexico. Casi nunca algien recibe por su correo en Mexico entonces solo necesita decir a su fiance para hacer un scan y mandar a tu correo electronico y ud. puede imprimirla. Ud. va a necesitarla para entrar el consulado para el entrivista. Adamas necesitas ir al sitio si ya no hiciereon y seguir los instructiones para preperar los formas y evidencias. Buen suerte! http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/pdfs/pk1iv.pdf

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Timeline

I am going to mexico tomorrow to give my fiancee the invitation letter and fill out all the form needed, we already have emails, pictures and all the rest of the evidence, we are not so far away, I am in San Diego and she is in Rosarito. Thank you guys for all the help provided, I feel so thankful for finding the forum. I hope everyone who is waiting to get their Packet 3 gets it soon! hang in there :)

Timeline

Hi Kolorin,

We received packet 3 through regural mail, but we received it in the states, it arrived to my house. not Mexico, My fiancee hasnt receieved yet, and I dont think she will, the mail in Mexico takes forever. hope that helped, if not you can send me a message.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello to everyone, can you tell me pls if you received the package 3 through DHL or the regular mexican mail? Did you have to pick it up or arrived to you house?

I am waiting for the package 3!!

Thank you!!!

Just curious, if you haven't even gone for the visa interview in Juarez yet, why does your profile say you filed for a pending AOS already?

To answer your question, the 'packet' is just a letter. You can go to the Juarez consulate website and get a jump start on the forms and gathering the stuff you will need for the interview. It is all listed there, and that is where the letter (packet 3) directs you anyway. It will most likely arrive at the fiance's US address before it arrives at the beneficiary's address in Mexico, if it ever arrives there at all.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thanx for your fast replies. I don't really know why I had that status :P, I changed it now to K-1 visa.

One more thing, I have been trying to schedule an apointment online for July but there is not any available day after june 30. Do you guys know if the reason is bc it's too early to schedule it?

Thank you again

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanx for your fast replies. I don't really know why I had that status :P, I changed it now to K-1 visa.

One more thing, I have been trying to schedule an apointment online for July but there is not any available day after june 30. Do you guys know if the reason is bc it's too early to schedule it?

Thank you again

would not think so, why dont u call the consulate?

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.