DeeDee&Sam

Embassy in Romania-Interview

6 posts in this topic

1- i know is still early to think about interview since we'll get out noa2 at the end of the summer probably. i want to know from experience of other people how they fix the interview dates? i want to be there before christmas so if i get my noa2 lets say in august how long will it take for the interview?

2- how are the people there? i know that people in romania (and not only) judge a lot by looks. im a very open minded person, i have lip piercings and a tattoo that covers around 70% of my back. i'll take them off for the interview date only, but in the pictures of me and my fiance they are very visible. is there any chance to get a bad impression about me and reject me because of that? i feel very good with the way i am but im a bit worried about how the people there think. :unsure:

thank you

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

We just received packet 3 for the K1 visa.

It advises to finish the D156, D156K and D230 forms.

In the D230 form it asks for birth certificate, police compliance certificate and financial (i-134) from USC.

You also have to schedule the medical examination the day before or the day of the interview at a pre approved location.

What else should I bring with me? Copy of NOA2? Copy of original K1 packet (i129f, g325a's, intent to marry letters, proof of relationship)? Proof of ongoing relationship (emails, phone logs, pictures, airplane stubs, pport copies (stamps) hotel receipts)? Pictures of me and my fiance? Passport/Id card. What else would I need to bring? How long does the interview in buch last? 20 minutes? I have seen the example questions but it seems pretty quick. Any advice would be helpful bcz we are very close to setting the date for the interview in next month. Thank you :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

1- i know is still early to think about interview since we'll get out noa2 at the end of the summer probably. i want to know from experience of other people how they fix the interview dates? i want to be there before christmas so if i get my noa2 lets say in august how long will it take for the interview?

2- how are the people there? i know that people in romania (and not only) judge a lot by looks. im a very open minded person, i have lip piercings and a tattoo that covers around 70% of my back. i'll take them off for the interview date only, but in the pictures of me and my fiance they are very visible. is there any chance to get a bad impression about me and reject me because of that? i feel very good with the way i am but im a bit worried about how the people there think. :unsure:

thank you

you can look at the Romanians timelines here on VJ to get an idea about how long it takes from NOA2 to interview date. it's actually up to you. they will call or e-mail you to set the interview date after you send packet 3 back to them. so if your NOA2 is in august you could have your interview in September or October, it takes from 2 weeks to a month from NOA2 date to packet 3 date.

the person who interviews you is American so i don't think they will judge by the looks. if you have enough relationship proof and you are honest with them, the piercings and tatoos won't count, i'm sure.

good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

We just received packet 3 for the K1 visa.

It advises to finish the D156, D156K and D230 forms.

In the D230 form it asks for birth certificate, police compliance certificate and financial (i-134) from USC.

You also have to schedule the medical examination the day before or the day of the interview at a pre approved location.

What else should I bring with me? Copy of NOA2? Copy of original K1 packet (i129f, g325a's, intent to marry letters, proof of relationship)? Proof of ongoing relationship (emails, phone logs, pictures, airplane stubs, pport copies (stamps) hotel receipts)? Pictures of me and my fiance? Passport/Id card. What else would I need to bring? How long does the interview in buch last? 20 minutes? I have seen the example questions but it seems pretty quick. Any advice would be helpful bcz we are very close to setting the date for the interview in next month. Thank you :)

No copies of original K1 packet nor NOA2, no intent to marry letters. yes the relationship proof you mentioned above. no copy of ID, just your passport and original birth certificate. you will also need the medical exam results of course, the affidavit of support plus latest pay stubs and letter from employer. ring and ring receipt if you have any, if you don't, no biggie ;)

the interview only takes about 5 mins and yes, the questions are easy, the consuls are nice and smiling! :)

good luck!

ps: please update your timeline!!

Edited by s&v

you can look at the Romanians timelines here on VJ to get an idea about how long it takes from NOA2 to interview date. it's actually up to you. they will call or e-mail you to set the interview date after you send packet 3 back to them. so if your NOA2 is in august you could have your interview in September or October, it takes from 2 weeks to a month from NOA2 date to packet 3 date.

the person who interviews you is American so i don't think they will judge by the looks. if you have enough relationship proof and you are honest with them, the piercings and tatoos won't count, i'm sure.

good luck!

thank you so much :D i didnt know they are americans, hope they will be a bit different in thinking . my timeline shows september, so if i send the packet at the beggining of october i was hoping to get there by november. and the medical scares me a bit because i hope i can fix it 1-2 days before my interview if they give the results in the same day. but theres plenty till then :D

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.