CyberSamurai013

Flights from Russia to the US

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks much Codeblue. Yup, been to Sevastopol, some great sites and museums. We'll look into those flights. Thanks again!

Thans for the information. Can you tell us how you got a visa to Russia "just in case"? I would like to do that as Donetsk is close to Russia and Alla has relatrives just across the border and we never really know when we would like to go there and visit but for me to attend Sergey's graduation this year in Moscow and for our previous visits, there was no "just in case" about it. Many of us here would like to know about that.

Your experience would be invaluable.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have made about 25 trips to Russia and Ukraine and one each to Belarus and Azerbaijan. For Russia I always used an agency. Two that I have used were Russia-visa.com and gotoRussia.com. I think the visa situation is changing a bit. You can also apply directly to the Embassy but that is a pain. I tried it once and gave up. That however was ages ago.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Thans for the information. Can you tell us how you got a visa to Russia "just in case"? I would like to do that as Donetsk is close to Russia and Alla has relatrives just across the border and we never really know when we would like to go there and visit but for me to attend Sergey's graduation this year in Moscow and for our previous visits, there was no "just in case" about it. Many of us here would like to know about that.

I use Red Star Travel Agency in Seattle. They are really nice people and the lady who runs the agency is really helpful. I met her when I was living in Seattle for 6 months. Also, since I live in Houston, I just go to the Russian Consulate office here and it is much cheaper. :dance: You just need a letter of invitation that any Russian hotel can give you. Just do a search for Red Star Travel it will pop up. There are multiple Russian visa options, so talk to them an let them now what you want to do. No worries about multiple Ukrainian entries, since U.S.C are visa waivered. :thumbs: Good Luck and anyone needs more information just send me a message. You all are great!!!

As others have mentioned, I use an agency, Visa Express. I guess there are less expensive ways, but I was willing to pay the roughly $175 to let someone else jump through all the hoops for me. That includes the visa and letter of invitation.

Less than 2 hours til we leave for the airport, woohoo! :)

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

As others have mentioned, I use an agency, Visa Express. I guess there are less expensive ways, but I was willing to pay the roughly $175 to let someone else jump through all the hoops for me. That includes the visa and letter of invitation.

Good luck to you and enjoy your trip!

flying direct to CVG of course

Give me a shout when you do, I'll buy the first round.

If you have a platnium Amex, I'm pretty sure they'll airlift you out of places if war breaks out, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw9lZiNo3iU

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I'm sure he got the visa the same way anyone gets one: pay for a voucher from an agency and send in your passport.

Sure, without specific travel plans? "Just in case" ??? Like I said, how do I get a visa "just in case" I decide I want to go to Russia when I am visiting Ukraine?

I am interested and would appreciate the details. I have been willing and able to provide specific details to assist many other members of the RUB and VJ forums, even down to the bus to take from the Kiev train station to the medical clinic and which way to walk when getting off the bus. It would be great if Captain Hammer would fill us in on how we can obtain "just in case" visas to Russia. How much do they cost? Who is the agency? What specific plans had to be made?

I look forward to receiving this valuable information.

Thanks. When you get back can you fill us in on what plans you had to provide the agency to get the visa or if you could just pay $175 and get a visa "just in case"

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I used russia-visa.com several times in the past. Looks like they have changed their name but the web address still works. You just need to know when you need the visa valid for. If it is a tourist visa it is good for 30 days. Send to whichever visa company you use: your passport along with the a picture, their application and the money. They will provide the "invitation and travel voucher" and take care of all the paperwork. They send back your passport with the visa and some type of travel voucher. I never gave them specific travel plans, just the dates I wanted the visa valid for. No one ever needed the travel voucher or invitation. In fact I always stayed with my then fiancee. Just be sure to register your visa if you stay in Russia for more than 3 days.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline

I used russia-visa.com several times in the past. Looks like they have changed their name but the web address still works. You just need to know when you need the visa valid for. If it is a tourist visa it is good for 30 days. Send to whichever visa company you use: your passport along with the a picture, their application and the money. They will provide the "invitation and travel voucher" and take care of all the paperwork. They send back your passport with the visa and some type of travel voucher. I never gave them specific travel plans, just the dates I wanted the visa valid for. No one ever needed the travel voucher or invitation. In fact I always stayed with my then fiancee. Just be sure to register your visa if you stay in Russia for more than 3 days.

:yes: My fiance used a different address, but the whole procedure of getting a visa was exactly the same. The only thing is that I think they've changed the rules, so now you don't have to register unless you're staying over for more than 7 days.

So, I don't really know what's up with Gary and the phrase 'just in case' - it's not that hard to get a Russian visa.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

:yes: My fiance used a different address, but the whole procedure of getting a visa was exactly the same. The only thing is that I think they've changed the rules, so now you don't have to register unless you're staying over for more than 7 days.

So, I don't really know what's up with Gary and the phrase 'just in case' - it's not that hard to get a Russian visa.

A member mentioned he had a visa to visit Russia "just in case" they decided to go there on a "side trip" while in Ukraine. I would just like to know how to do that. I have had to provide a specific itinerary. (Question 12 or 13 on the form, I believe)

Gary And Alla

Timeline

A member mentioned he had a visa to visit Russia "just in case" they decided to go there on a "side trip" while in Ukraine. I would just like to know how to do that. I have had to provide a specific itinerary. (Question 12 or 13 on the form, I believe)

Tell them anything. You are going to Moscow on the 4th for a week then traveling to St Petersburg for 5 days then exploring Siberia for another week. Once you enter the country no one cares.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Anyone have experience with LOT? We saw some flights from Moscow to Chicago via Warsaw on LOT Airlines. I am curious as to what their service and planes are like, etc. I know Aeroflot was amazing but they cost several hundred dollars more.

Wait, who hijacked my thread? lol :)

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.