ebuj86

Requried Documents K-1

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! I'm new here, but so far this forum has been really helpful in answering the many questions I have about the process. I am currently waiting for my fiancee packet to arrive, it was sent from CDJ on May 4th so I am hoping it will either be here or at my fiancee's in the US soon. I want to make sure I have everything ready so that I can just go ahead and schedule appointments and go to CDJ once my packet gets here and I had a couple of questions regarding the documents I need to bring with me. I downloaded the fiancee packet from the CDJ website and it says that I need proof of my fiancee's US citizenship, and it also mentions financial solvency documents. When we sent all our information to USCIS we sent all this information they ask for, my fiancee sent copies of her passport, an original and copy of her birth certificate, we also sent a form sent by my sponsor(my father in law) to prove financial support, and sent a bunch of photographs, plain ticket confirmations, letters, etc... as evidence of our relationship. My question is will I need to get all of these things again and take with me to the appointment and interview or will CDJ already have this information?

Thank you!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! I'm new here, but so far this forum has been really helpful in answering the many questions I have about the process. I am currently waiting for my fiancee packet to arrive, it was sent from CDJ on May 4th so I am hoping it will either be here or at my fiancee's in the US soon. I want to make sure I have everything ready so that I can just go ahead and schedule appointments and go to CDJ once my packet gets here and I had a couple of questions regarding the documents I need to bring with me. I downloaded the fiancee packet from the CDJ website and it says that I need proof of my fiancee's US citizenship, and it also mentions financial solvency documents. When we sent all our information to USCIS we sent all this information they ask for, my fiancee sent copies of her passport, an original and copy of her birth certificate, we also sent a form sent by my sponsor(my father in law) to prove financial support, and sent a bunch of photographs, plain ticket confirmations, letters, etc... as evidence of our relationship. My question is will I need to get all of these things again and take with me to the appointment and interview or will CDJ already have this information?

Thank you!!

The 'packet' you will get in the mail will just be a letter (which you will need to bring with you to CDJ). It gives you instructions on making your appointments, and directs you to the pdf file on the Juarez consulate site which you said you already downloaded. You need to bring everything it lists there. The financial info was not needed until the interview. USCIS most likely paid no attention to it if you sent it in with the petition, as they do not deal with that aspect. You need to bring that to the interview.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you!!

Hola Alejandro!

I love this forum...they have been helping so much with the K1 visa papers...

If you want some more information to help with traveling to Juarez here is a great forum, esta muy bien!

http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/

It is mostly for people already married looking for visa help...but it has a lot of information on Hotels & travel in Juarez so you can be safe in the city!

Also here are some videos about the process...suerte!

Cd J consulate Spanish

medico en español

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.