eagerly

Centralizing AWA case petitions.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So they are centralizing the adjudication of the AWA case petitions in Vermont. And those petitions handled by Service Centers will be transferred to Vermont. Was curious how come District Offices were excluded? My petition was adjudicated in the District Office and got denied. I filed the appeal to the BIA. All we got was a notice of receipt of the EOIR from USCIS. No information whether our appeal was forwarded to BIA. Thats why I posed the question..how come District Offices were excluded from transferring the AWA case petition to Vermont?

Here is the link to the http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2011/April/supp-guidance-adam-walsh-actpdf.pdf

And for those with pending appeals to the BIA....here's the latest meeting of AILA and the BIA which you might be interested to know...i have the feeling that my petition is still with the District Office cause in this link BIA mentioned that some appeals are not transferred to them and if there were " The Board issues a

filing receipt to the parties so that the parties are aware that the matter is now at the Board

and is ready for adjudication. Any forms or supplemental filings should be sent to the

Board as soon as possible. " Section X-A of this link...http://www.justice.gov/eoir/statspub/eoiraila040611.pdf

Was curious how come District Offices were excluded?

DO you mean that your petition was transfered from CSC to your state's office? That is what happened to our petition: we got the receipt of transfer back in March 2009.

Why did they transfer it there?

And what is the destiny for the petitions n District Offices: to sit there forever?

I'm sorry to hear that you are denied! And thank you for posting that material: any news are helpful.

Edited by kazuava

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

So they are centralizing the adjudication of the AWA case petitions in Vermont. And those petitions handled by Service Centers will be transferred to Vermont. Was curious how come District Offices were excluded? My petition was adjudicated in the District Office and got denied. I filed the appeal to the BIA. All we got was a notice of receipt of the EOIR from USCIS. No information whether our appeal was forwarded to BIA. Thats why I posed the question..how come District Offices were excluded from transferring the AWA case petition to Vermont?

Here is the link to the http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2011/April/supp-guidance-adam-walsh-actpdf.pdf

And for those with pending appeals to the BIA....here's the latest meeting of AILA and the BIA which you might be interested to know...i have the feeling that my petition is still with the District Office cause in this link BIA mentioned that some appeals are not transferred to them and if there were " The Board issues a

filing receipt to the parties so that the parties are aware that the matter is now at the Board

and is ready for adjudication. Any forms or supplemental filings should be sent to the

Board as soon as possible. " Section X-A of this link...http://www.justice.gov/eoir/statspub/eoiraila040611.pdf

My I-129F was denied under AWA after waiting close to 2 yrs. I filed an appeal (form I-290B) on March 3, 2011. So far I have not heard anything. It lists on the USCIS website that my I-290B is a NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. I sent it to the Vermont Service Center and then it is supposed to be sent to the AAO (Administrive Appeals Officer). Does anyone have any experience with this? How long does it take an appeal to be processed?

10-01-2009: I-129F sent via return receipt certified US mail

10-06-2009: I-129F NOA1 harcopy

11-05-2009: I-129F RFE

11-17-2009: RFE Reply

01-17-2010: Biometrics appointment

04-05-2010: NVSC response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below."

04-09-2010: Senator(s) contacted:

04-21-2010: Response from Senator: "FBI doing name and backgrounds check. US Senator cannot do anything to expedite this petition."

04-23-2010: Response from second Senator: "Has contacted USCIS on my behalf. Please allow 45-60 days in order for this Senator's office to respond to your request."

05-17-2010: Letter written to USCIS director, VSC

05-24-2010: Touched

08-04-2010: Face to face meeting in Turkey; 35 days wonderful days in Istanbul!

09-08-2010: Documentation sent in regarding face to face meeting

09-11-2010: Touched

09-24-2010: USCIS letter states that petition undergoing routine security checks resulting in a delay. No definite indication of when it will be completed."

11-17-2010: Touched: RFE Response Review

01-31-2011: Petition denied

03-02-2011: Appeal filed with AAO

event.png

My I-129F was denied under AWA after waiting close to 2 yrs. I filed an appeal (form I-290B) on March 3, 2011. So far I have not heard anything. It lists on the USCIS website that my I-290B is a NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. I sent it to the Vermont Service Center and then it is supposed to be sent to the AAO (Administrive Appeals Officer). Does anyone have any experience with this? How long does it take an appeal to be processed?

What was the reason that you were denied if you dont mind me asking? thanks

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.