mike42979

K1 possible denial?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, i filed photocopies of my (FINAL JUDGEMENT OF DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE) which i anticipate getting an RFE on because not certified or a request for Certified copies at my Fiancees interview. So in anticipation i went to the court house today and picked up certified copies of the Dissolution which is 2 pages and then i seen 2 other pages in the file which were titled (REPORT FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF GENERAL MAGISTRATE). On the second page under marriage it said (THE PARTIES WERE MARRIED ON 04/29/2004 IN KISSIMMEE, FL). Then the next line reads (THE PARTIES SEPARATED ON 04/29/2004).

So my question is this; The Dissolution states divorce was granted in march 2005 which is correct so will they question why we separated on the same day we married??? The separation date is incorrect and the mistake was made by the court house. But i dont think it really matters as the divorce is final anyways unless they ask my Fiancee when we separated which incidentally i dont even know when i just know it was shortly after we were married but surely not the same day lol.

Question 2. Do i even need to submit the second sheet titled (REPORT FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF GENERAL MAGISTRATE)??? if not this would solve the problem because its the only place that has a separation date written on it???

Thank you all for your help in advance!

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Hello, i filed photocopies of my (FINAL JUDGEMENT OF DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE) which i anticipate getting an RFE on because not certified or a request for Certified copies at my Fiancees interview. So in anticipation i went to the court house today and picked up certified copies of the Dissolution which is 2 pages and then i seen 2 other pages in the file which were titled (REPORT FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF GENERAL MAGISTRATE). On the second page under marriage it said (THE PARTIES WERE MARRIED ON 04/29/2004 IN KISSIMMEE, FL). Then the next line reads (THE PARTIES SEPARATED ON 04/29/2004).

So my question is this; The Dissolution states divorce was granted in march 2005 which is correct so will they question why we separated on the same day we married??? The separation date is incorrect and the mistake was made by the court house. But i dont think it really matters as the divorce is final anyways unless they ask my Fiancee when we separated which incidentally i dont even know when i just know it was shortly after we were married but surely not the same day lol.

Question 2. Do i even need to submit the second sheet titled (REPORT FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF GENERAL MAGISTRATE)??? if not this would solve the problem because its the only place that has a separation date written on it???

Hello,

You may or may not get an RFE regarding the photocopy of your divorce decree, but if you do, you are ready to respond to it and send them the entire copy. Their only concern is that you are legally to free to marry your fiance.

When you send a duplicate copy of your entire I-129F file to your fiance, make sure you send her the certified copy in case they ask for it when her interview comes up. Good luck!

Edited by dindo and patty

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

photocopies of final judgment of your divorce is ok! and if you got rfe, send the whole package of your divorce papers bcoz we got rfe bcoz of this we didnt send the whole pages of it.

Timeline

Hello,

You may or may not get an RFE regarding the photocopy of your divorce decree, but if you do, you are ready to respond to it and send them the entire copy. Their only concern is that you are legally to free to marry your fiance.

When you send a duplicate copy of your entire I-129F file to your fiance, make sure you send her the certified copy in case they ask for it when her interview comes up. Good luck!

So should i even have her take the other 2 documents?

The dates you show here are a year apart,not the same day sorry read it again ...the marriage and separation are the same

Edited by my uk love

08/09/2008 - Met on Yahoo through a mutual friend

03/01/2010 - 1st visit (fiance came to US)

05/11/2010 - 2nd visit (fiance came to US, spent his birthday with me)

10/01/2010 - 3rd visit (fiance came to US)

02/11/2011 - 4th visit (fiance came to US, proposed to me on Valentine's day)

04/06/2011 - I-129F Sent

04/14/2011 - packet rejected and sent back -expired I-129 form

04/15/2011 - I-129F Sent out again with correct form

04/20/2011 - NOA1 (hardcopy recieved)

06/21/2011 - 5th visit (fiance came to US)

07/11/2011 - NOA2 (YAY !!!)

08/05/2011 - NVC Case #

08/16/2011 - Medical

11/04/2011 - Interview - Approved 221g (ACPO Police Certs needed)

11/25/2011 - Medical Interview about a caution from 7 years ago

12/08/2011 - Visa in Hand! (finally!)

12/19/2011 - POE (YAY! Together again !)

event.png

Timeline

The dates you show here are a year apart,not the same day sorry read it again ...the marriage and separation are the same

You are incorrect and i worded it correctly, The disolution of marriage has the correct divorce date but another form (REPORT FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF GENERAL MAGISTRATE) has a separation date of 04/29/2004 the same as my marriage date. please do not confuse separation with divorce!

You are incorrect and i worded it correctly, The disolution of marriage has the correct divorce date but another form (REPORT FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF GENERAL MAGISTRATE) has a separation date of 04/29/2004 the same as my marriage date. please do not confuse separation with divorce!

yeah I did, confuse it. That is why I said sorry I read it wrong, It was my mistake. Can you clear it up at the court house or maybe write a letter explaining the mistake to USCIS with your case number attached?

08/09/2008 - Met on Yahoo through a mutual friend

03/01/2010 - 1st visit (fiance came to US)

05/11/2010 - 2nd visit (fiance came to US, spent his birthday with me)

10/01/2010 - 3rd visit (fiance came to US)

02/11/2011 - 4th visit (fiance came to US, proposed to me on Valentine's day)

04/06/2011 - I-129F Sent

04/14/2011 - packet rejected and sent back -expired I-129 form

04/15/2011 - I-129F Sent out again with correct form

04/20/2011 - NOA1 (hardcopy recieved)

06/21/2011 - 5th visit (fiance came to US)

07/11/2011 - NOA2 (YAY !!!)

08/05/2011 - NVC Case #

08/16/2011 - Medical

11/04/2011 - Interview - Approved 221g (ACPO Police Certs needed)

11/25/2011 - Medical Interview about a caution from 7 years ago

12/08/2011 - Visa in Hand! (finally!)

12/19/2011 - POE (YAY! Together again !)

event.png

Timeline

yeah I did, confuse it. That is why I said sorry I read it wrong, It was my mistake. Can you clear it up at the court house or maybe write a letter explaining the mistake to USCIS with your case number attached?

Well i can but it would cost me $50.00 and 30 to 60 days, its not the cost its just the hassle. I dont think i need this document and just the Dissolution of marriage would be enough correct?

Hello,

So should i even have her take the other 2 documents?

If I was in your place I would send whatever you got from the courthouse. I have read on previous posts before that the individual received an RFE because all they sent was the judgment which was 2 pages. I am also divorced and when I got certified copies of my divorce decree, it contained the judgment (2 pages) as well as the marital settlement agreement. I included the entire copy when i submitted my I-129F. You are correct as your divorce is final. Their only concern is you are legally free to marry.

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.