4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

we`re putting together the papers for AOS from K1 and have a few questions.

1.Marital status on pay stubs-we didn`t know my husband has to request his marital status changed at his job within 30 days after we got married and now they said we can request it but it might take a month or 2 for them to change it since it`s after 30 days since we got married.we just noticed today that on his pay stubs he is listed as single, How big of a problem would that be?or is it a problem at all?

2.I-765 question 11 -I was here on a J1 visa before and i was authorized to work so the answer to question 11 on form I-765 "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" the answer wold be "NO", right?

3.My husband is in the Natinal Guard but he won`t be military active until he actually deploys so we will answer "NO" to question 20 "I am currently on active duty in the US armed services" but should he write "reserves" or not write anything? We don`t want to write anything that shouldnt be there.

Thank you!

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everybody!

we`re putting together the papers for AOS from K1 and have a few questions.

1.Marital status on pay stubs-we didn`t know my husband has to request his marital status changed at his job within 30 days after we got married and now they said we can request it but it might take a month or 2 for them to change it since it`s after 30 days since we got married.we just noticed today that on his pay stubs he is listed as single, How big of a problem would that be?or is it a problem at all?

2.I-765 question 11 -I was here on a J1 visa before and i was authorized to work so the answer to question 11 on form I-765 "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" the answer wold be "NO", right?

3.My husband is in the Natinal Guard but he won`t be military active until he actually deploys so we will answer "NO" to question 20 "I am currently on active duty in the US armed services" but should he write "reserves" or not write anything? We don`t want to write anything that shouldnt be there.

Thank you!

Hi!

1. My husband's marital status did not show on paystubs either and it was not a problem. We did not get an RFE during the AOS process. You will be fine. He can still change it and you can take his stubs indicating he is married, with you at the interview. If asked, tell them you did not know about it when you applied. You will have to bring pay stubs for the last 2 months with you for the interview anyway.

2. Yes, you are right. The answer is "no".

3. Sorry, cannot help with this one, but I am sure somebody will.

Good luck and let us know if we can help!

2-7-11 - Day 0 -sent AOS package (concurrent filling)

2-11-11-Day 4 - received text message from USCIS with the receipt number

2-18-2011 - Day 11[/font]- received NOA 1 in mail for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

2-22-2011 -Day 15- received biometrics letter -appt March 14

3-10-2011- still cannot see case online although I called USCIS two days ago

3-14-2011- Day 35- Biometrics done on the appointment day

3-24-2011-Day 45-case showing up online!!!! USCIS mailed on 3-23 my interview appt letter- April 26 is the day!

3-26-2011-Day 48-Received interview appt letter

4-1-2011-Day 59- USCIS mailed I-131 approval and ordered production of my new card (I assume the combined EAD/AP)

4-11-2012-Day 69- received EAd&AP combo in mail! Bad picture!

4-26-2011-Day 84-APPROVED!!! Card production ordered!

4-30-2011-Day 88-Welcome to America letter received

5-4-2011-Day 92 - received green card in mail (8 days after the interview) - it is kinda green!!!!

as1cEY2003-0000MDA0NDZzfDAwMDYxOTN8V2UgaGF2ZSBiZWVuIG1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

My hubby is in the guard too! And yes, you do not put active duty (unless he's active guard).. Instead we just put PA National Guard on the employment part.. Hope that helps :) And I wasn't even on the DEERS system yet when we filed AOS, I am assuming it wasn't a problem.. :) Goodluck!

Edited by messybrownhair
My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Thank you guys for answering, i really appreciate it and it did help me !:)

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.